B4R Question Arduino Uno WiFi Ad-Hoc network?

Computersmith64

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi all - I've just ordered an Arduino Uno WiFi development board for a project that I'm about to start. On the specs for the board it says:

The Arduino Uno Wi-Fi allow you to communicate via Wi-Fi with your sensors or actuators mounted on your board to create easily and quickly your IoT System. You can use your Arduino Uno Wi-Fi as a client of your Wi-Fi network, as a server to connect other client devices or you can create an ad’hoc Wi-Fi connection.

It's the Ad-Hoc connection that I'm interested in (I want to be able to connect to the board via WiFi from an Android device), however I've searched the Arduino website & on the web & found nothing that gives any indication of how the board can be set up in this mode. Has anyone had any experience with this?

Thanks - Colin.

Computersmith64

Licensed User
Longtime User
Why not use ESP8266? It is more powerful and better supported.

There is currently no library available for Arduino Uno Wifi feature. Only for the ethernet shield.
Ahhh - OK, I'll take a look at the ESP8266 then... I know pretty much zero about Arduino et al, boards so it's going to be very much a case of learn as I go.

Is there a particular brand of ESP8266 that you'd recommend?

Thanks - Colin.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Computersmith64

Licensed User
Longtime User
Last edited:
Upvote 0