Android Tutorial ASMX Soap call,automatic call,response,parse and redirect to activity/service.

Discussion in 'Tutorials & Examples' started by quaker, Jun 21, 2015.

1. quaker

quaker Member Licensed User

Good Afternoon!

With a bit of work and thanks to this post:

http://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/b4a-tutorial-como-consumir-webservice-tipo-asp-net-asmx.45107/#content.

And thanks specially to XICU for helping with the code in my first investigations.

I have made an automated service,this service will automatically:

-Call a asmx .NET webservice method,authenticated or not, without need to build or cocatenate a string to build the POST request(i have done it for you :) inside the service).

-Protected for exceptions thrown by .NET webservice or errors on method calls.

-Its ready for recieving from webservice:

*Primitive types(string,int...etc)
    *Complex Types(Object models,either one or list of them)

-Doesnt need to do XML SAX parse.It parses reading line by line automatically. :D

-Doesnt need external libraries.Only httputils2 and HTTP.

-All code is commented inside it for you to know whats happening in almost each line.

-If an object is returned from webservice,a list of objects,with a list of parameters(with key and value) in each object is returned.(In following weeks i will make an update,for parse those list of list to a android model we will prepare)

I attach 1 sample with 2 proyects:

-The B4A project sample(with webservicecall class,webservice service,and keyvaluepair class).This are the only three classes for SOAP to work as i explain.

-The .NET webservice asmx i used for example.Its done in VS2012.Only for tests.(You will have yours).You have to know how to include it to IIS,as i wont explain it here.

Things you will need to change for you to work with your webservice:

-In Webservice service,on top.The username,the password and the URL.Username and password only if authenticated,if not leave at it is.

-Put the asmx and the dll in IIS(or yours if you got one alredy) and configure it.Search Google if you dont know how to do it.

-In the main(from the b4a test sample,if want to test).Change(explained in main allredy):

*The Webservice asmx path to whatever you have put it, or yours is.
    *The method you want to call.
    *The parameters for that method.
    *The object to search from asmx on response(if the method responses an object,not a primitive type)
    *The response callback method in the activity or service if call to asmx has been called ok.
    *The response callback method if the activity or service if call to asmx has errors.

This is it,if you got any questions,feel free to ask!.

:D.

Attached Files:

jparraga, millenco, stanks and 2 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice