Android Question Auto resize fonts size

Diego Roman

Licensed User
Hi,

Does anyone know if it is possible for B4A to automatically adjust the font size according to the screen size of the device on which it is running?
I made an Android app that looks good on my device but when I tried it on other devices with bigger screens, the font size doesn't adjust correctly because they look too small.
Please, if someone knows what I should do, could you help me please, thank you very much. :)

Diego Roman

Licensed User
I used AutoScaleAll and Anchors in the designer, the views fit fine but not the fonts.
I already read the document but I'm going to read it again to see if it explains how to autoscale the fonts.
Thank you.

Upvote 0

RichardN

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have had complaints from users in the past about text/lables unintentionally wrapping and spoiling the layout.

The advice above is sound. However you have no control over the user that overrides the default font settings because the text is too small for their vision. Making an app accessible to visually impaired users is not always at the top of every developer's priorities.

Upvote 0

Diego Roman

Licensed User
The users of the application do not have visual problems, what happens is that the application loses harmony when used on devices with larger screens since a lot of empty space is seen by having smaller fonts than what is seen on my own device in which everything looks more uniform.
Thanks

Upvote 0