auto show combobox list?

europe

hi any possibility to open the combobox list on focusing itself? I mean i'd like when some one write something on the textbox the list shows (just like when you click on the down arrow)

let me know! thanks!

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
It is possible but NOT directly from Basic4ppc...
Most likely from a custom comboxbox dll, with a "simulate click" method.

EDIT:
I found this prop in msdn docs, but I don't know it it is accessible trought the door lib...

Last edited:

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I don't know it it is accessible trought the door lib...
Yes, this works but only on the desktop as the property is not implemented in the ComboBox on the device
B4X:
obj1.New1(False)

obj1.FromControl("ComboBox1")
obj1.SetProperty("DroppedDown",True)

Ricky D

Licensed User
Longtime User
My autocomplete combo

Hi there mate.

I can add that to my autocombo then I'll put it up on the Libraries thread.

I haven't implemented the items functionality yet. I haven't needed yet. If you need it I'll look at it.
Also the font stuff isn't done too.

I'll create a ShowDropdown method that accepts true to show it and false to hide it.

How does that sound to you?

I wrote it in C# using VS2005

regards, Ricky

//EDIT
This version uses a normal combobox and a textbox.
I created one in VB 2 years ago before they made their own comboboxes autocomplete on the desktop and it used a textbox, button and a listbox.
The textbox is where the user types. The button shows/hides the listbox which has the actual values.
I'll create a version of the current one to use this way and then I certainly can offer a ShowDropdown method.
As I work 12-13 hours each day for 6 days a week I don't have much time so this could be 2 weeks away.

Last edited: