Android Question Autocomplete with addresses from Google Maps

ThePuiu

Licensed User
Longtime User
A client wants to have in the interface a textbox in which the user can enter a city and then a street, based on an autocomplete with the data from Google Maps. Can this behavior be obtained?

Attachments

• wish.jpg
    wish.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 185

ThePuiu

Licensed User
Longtime User
Is it a paid service? There will probably be a maximum of 500 queries per month.

I have activated the Places API but I can't find anywhere where the KEY can be generated ... probably because I didn't associate a bank card with the account?

Upvote 0

Daica

Licensed User
Is it a paid service? There will probably be a maximum of 500 queries per month.

I have activated the Places API but I can't find anywhere where the KEY can be generated ... probably because I didn't associate a bank card with the account?

Google Maps API is now a paid service, however, they do provide $200 of credit per month for free. Most people will not hit this limit. You probably will need to have a credit card on the account, because they need to charge you if you go over that $200 limit.

To create an API key: https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/javascript/get-api-key

Upvote 0