Wish Automatic addition of B4XLib dependencies

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
If I add a B4XLib and has dependencies it would be great if those dependencies from other libs would be added automatically to the project.

stevel05

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
They are not added to the Libraries Manager, but are available if the Manifest in the b4xlib is configured correctly.

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
The problem is, if one of these dependencies is a paid lib, even if the b4x lib is free, it must not be made a part of the b4x lib.

stevel05

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
It will only reference the file if it is in the users additional libraries, if they don't have it it won't work. It doesn't include the libraries, just references them.

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
It will only reference the file if it is in the users additional libraries, if they don't have it it won't work. It doesn't include the libraries, just references them.
I understand that, but to me, the op wish is to include the referenced files, which may not be a very good idea.

stevel05

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
op wish is to include the referenced files,
Ah OK, that is not how I read it, we'll find out when he responds. And no, I don't think it would be a good idea either.

Sandman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
If I add a B4XLib and has dependencies it would be great if those dependencies from other libs would be added automatically to the project.

Another solution could be to just get warnings in the ide to add them. The automatic part wouldn't be there, but that could also be considered positive.

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
Another solution could be to just get warnings in the ide to add them. The automatic part wouldn't be there, but that could also be considered positive.

The warning part I suppose should not be in an msgbox which disappears when you press ok. Maybe a combination of automatic addition and warnings if the library is not there would be the best solution. Even better would be a report of what was added and what is missing...