B4J Question Automatically clean project before compile?

Sandman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Do we have some way to automatically clean the project before compiling? (No, pressing Ctrl+P is not automatic. :) )

I feel like I've seen this mentioned somewhere in the forum, and there is a solution, but I can't seem to find it now.

You know, something like
#AutoCleanProject: True

(I work with lots of libraries that needs to be refreshed, hence the need for the clean. And in my main project, where the libs are used, I will never ever do a run without refreshing them. So it gets tiresome to do it manually. Not to mention, confusing when I forget to do it.)

Sandman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Are you sure that it is really needed? Do the libraries change on each compilation?
Well, excluding the fact that B4J seems to work differently (I wasn't aware), yes it's needed. 99 percent of my time is spent in the libs, working with them. The main app, where the libs are used, is mostly a very thin wrapper that includes them, feeds them some info (url for API, etc) and starts one of the libs. After that the main project doesn't really do anything at all.

So the cycle is basically this: Work in lib -> create b4xlib -> go to main app -> clean project (=refresh libs) -> run -> test -> quit -> repeat from start

Some more background can be found in this old thread where I describe the situation in more detail:

Upvote 0

Sandman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Update: After trying I can say that I need to clean the project (or right-click in the Libs pane and choose Refresh) to update the libraries. So this is needed for B4J also, unless I misunderstood something.

I should also have made it more clear that I wanted to clean project because it also refreshes the libraries:

Upvote 0