AutoScale compilation mode and external libraries

Woinowski

Licensed User
Longtime User
AutoScale simply does not convinve me

Hi,

it might be that I'm slightly to critical in this matter, but all in all the magic of AutoScale is to intransparent for adressing all programming issues.:sign0089:

W.r.t to Erel's question, which kind of application, see the first file in the attachment (Tracker). Problem with that one is that the NumUpDown controls o the Editform do not have the same font size. That makes it awkward to use with only your fingers (target device: HTC Touch HD). :( please make all Control's font size user definable, to circumvent this.

Besides, I tried a workaround (second upload): A screen width of 160 in the hope that Scale factors will be 3 instead of 2. Which is not the case.

So, for a really good AutoScale feature I would wish:

Think "User Screen Size vs. native Screen" Size (not "320x240/QVGA vs. 640x480") - if Win Mobile/.net can handle that, of course.

Fuzzy fonts are really not acceptable for serious programs. If one does not want this, B4PPC needs native screen resolution. Which means, again: All control properties with effect on screen size/font size must be user definable (again: is this possible with .net)?

Best regards

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Fuzzy fonts are really not acceptable for serious programs. If one does not want this, B4PPC needs native screen resolution.
Fonts are only fuzzy if drawn as graphics with DrawString when AutoScaled. Fonts in controls should be OK. I have a solution ready for native mode graphics when AutoScaled. Preliminary help here but subject to radical change as I keep rewriting it make it easier to understand. http://www.b4x.com/forum/beta-versions/4294-autoscale-questions.html#post24927