Attachments

• icon.png
    icon.png
    14.4 KB · Views: 4,188

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I have written an app that is being used to listen to kids with a mental handicap while they are in their room or on the hallway.

It works fine 1 to 1 but as I will combine more than one stream in the future I should be able to visualize from where the sound is coming from.

Lets say you have 4 tiles on the screen that represents the rooms, 1 or more tile should color red when there is a certain level of volume coming from the stream.

Mrjoey

Licensed User
Longtime User
oh i understood now , u need to listen to 4 streams at the same time , and monitor each one , got it , well my does the opposite , it can stream to infinite number of phones localy just u need wireless connection and that s it , but combining some strems to one well i will work on it and see what i can get , and by the way streaming is done only when playing any music , not for recording , in the next update i will add a feature where u can stream the recording and listen it on the other phone , dont worry :)

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
well, you don't need to put it in your app it is what I will code ;)

I was just wondering if those other devices you stream to also have something visual like that moving bar which is enough for me.

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
since it is just an "in-house" app for work I had no reason to put it to the store and I doubt it will end up there. :)

Mrjoey

Licensed User
Longtime User
Just installing in a rooted S5...
I must question, why does a music app need to access my phone ID AND call log?
Be back in 5 minutes with snapshots from my S5, same behaviour
The phone id is used to the trial algorythm for checking the trial period.
The call log is not used what im using is reading the phone states like if ringing to stop playing the music for example

RandomCoder

Licensed User
Longtime User
@Mrjoey please tell me that I'm not going crazy but I'm sure that when you first published your app there was a video demo. I had planned to share a link to the video with a couple of friends to demonstrate what B4A is capable of when in the right hands. But I've finally got round to doing that and now I can't find the video? Is there a reason that its gone?

Mrjoey

Licensed User
Longtime User
the reason i removed the video is : i got a email from google play that my app goes to Medium Maturity due to some screen shots wish have some girl and claim to be "sexual and suggestive content" , of course it was a big mistake , therefore i replaced the picture with another one and the video also has some pictures with some female artist , i will edit tonight and republish it.
dont u have some to say about the app?

RandomCoder

Licensed User
Longtime User
I admit that I've not actually downloaded it to test yet but I must say that I was very impressed with what I saw on the video. It's obvious that you have put a lot of work into it. I was particularly impressed with the visual waveforms and didn't know it was possible in B4A.

Mrjoey

Licensed User
Longtime User
yes indeed it took me lots of effort and hard work an lots of working hours,i learned a lot,but im diapointed a bit from users , till now i got over 1000 downloads but i only got 15 reviews some are bad , and some will post unclear reviews like "dont work" and they doesnt report hehe how will i know if u didnt report anyway im working more to improve it and hopefully i get more appreciation.

RandomCoder

Licensed User
Longtime User
I promise to test and report back. If I get any faults I'll let you know here in this thread and won't rate until you've had chance to fix. And if all works well I'll give it the full 5 stars and a glowing report.

Regards,
Alan French (Aka RandomCoder) :D

Mrjoey

Licensed User
Longtime User
I promise to test and report back. If I get any faults I'll let you know here in this thread and won't rate until you've had chance to fix. And if all works well I'll give it the full 5 stars and a glowing report.

Regards,
Alan French (Aka RandomCoder) :D
thank you Mr.Alan , that indeed a fair,appreciate that , thanks again, waiting your thread:)

RandomCoder

Licensed User
Longtime User
Well I downloaded it first on my Nexus 7 which is always a testing device. Unfortunately it crashes out immediately after displaying the first time splash screen. I powered down the tablet and retested but it will not run on this device, Nexus 7 2nd Gen.
However on my Galaxy S3 it faired a little better. It tends to lag pretty bad when attempting to enter the menus whilst music is playing and as I'm not an audiophile so my collection of music is somewhat limited. However the one album I do tend to listen to just will not play, yet it plays fine with the factory default player. I also found that it lists all of my video .mp4 files and is quite happy to play these but I feel it would be better if I could exclude them as most of them are work related videos that I would not want to listen to. I was also unable to find anyway to change the graphic displayed whilst music is playing but this could be due to it being the trial version and so maybe not present?
There was another thing that happened to me but I've been unable to recreate which was that I pressed on the actionbar menu button to see what options were present (thinking that it might be where I select the music source folder) and I then pressed by phones back button which worked fine and closed the menu. But then this is the part where it went wrong, when I clicked the other menu button halfway down the screen it then opened and displayed the credits? I've not been able to recreated this but it definitely happened in that order.

Just one final thing, I noticed that the app fails to start on my S3 if the wireless is turned off, this gives the impression that the app has crashed because the toastmessage is very quick. I think that it would be better to display a proper messagebox stating that the wireless is off so that user understands why the app has closed. But on a side note, why does it have to use wireless to play music stored locally?

Sorry to bombard you with this but hopefully its positive feedback which you can start to investigate to improve your app and get those ratings up. I'll test again once your ready, that's if you still want me too :(.

Mrjoey

Licensed User
Longtime User
Unfortunately it crashes
could you please report the crash by sending crash report when it crashes and i will see it on my developer console.
It tends to lag pretty bad when attempting to enter the menus whilst music is playing
im not sure that i understand you correctly.
However the one album I do tend to listen to just will not play
what file format of the songs is?".mp3",".ogg"....?
if I could exclude them as most of them are work related videos
open the file explorer where u can see on the top the tabs: (songs,artists,albums....)and scroll left until u see the tab(folders)click on it and it lists to u all the folders where the app found media files and uncheck the folder where the videos are,then click on any tab u want to take effect.
I was also unable to find anyway to change the graphic displayed
in the main activity u can swipe left and right on the panel under the cover art picture until u find the controls of the visuals,see the video.
it then opened and displayed the credits
do u mean it displayed the activity where my name is appearing?(about,search,netradio,record)?u mean this list?well there is no "option or settings" until now,because i find that there is no need for settings to mess around since there is lots of adjustable controls.
the app fails to start on my S3 if the wireless is turned off
the reason is that in the trial version i made a script on my hosting account to check how many days still available for trial,and ofcourse it needs internet connection,just to prevent some smart guys to cheat on it.
I think that it would be better to display a proper messagebox
yes , its a probably a good idea,i will consider it.
Sorry to bombard you
not at all,keep connecting with me,you are helping me not bothering at all,im appreciating your time really,im very thankful.;)

RandomCoder

Licensed User
Longtime User
On the Nexus 7 it is not a true crash as there is no option to report. Having tried to load it several times this morning I've managed to see/read a very quick toastmessage stating that my trial period has expired! Sometimes it's so fast that the message doesn't show at all.

With regard to my comment about it lagging. I mean that if a song is playing and I select any of the menus, but in particular the equaliser menu. There is a very large delay and the app feels unresponsive.

The file type that won't play is .wma but the factory installed player manages to play them.

Exclude folders option... I see this now. Nice addition, on my S3 the tab is not present due to the width of the screen. I did not realise that the tabs also scrolled and no video to guide me yet ;)

With regard to the next item, menu opening. Yes it was the credits page that opened but I can't recreate it so it's probably best to diehard that comment.

I understand the reason for the wireless but as this is your showcase app in which you hope the user will then go on to purchase the full version I would certainly consider using a messagebox to inform the user that wireless has to be switched on and also a messagebox stating when the trial has expired.

Whilst testing this morning I've had two other system error messages that occurred after the device had turned off the screen. First was an array index out of bounds. Second was a bitmap not initialised both caused app to close but still no option to report the fault. Sorry.

Please excuse any typos, I'm using my tablet and in a rush as I now have to leave for work :(

RandomCoder

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi @Mrjoey it had to download to my device as it wasn't already installed and I really don't recall downloading and installing it after watching your video sample sometime last week. I don't know what has happened there!

I've PM'd you my serial number.