Android Question Available Payments for B4X

luke2012

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi all,
is there a post / tutorial with a recap of all available payment system / gateways that can be used with B4X ?

Jaco vd Walt

Licensed User
Longtime User
As Erel said you can use just about any one of them. Ask for a api doc from the payment provider and look at the different options they offer. Some of them are extremely easy by means of a simple web address you can use to open a webview.

Upvote 0

luke2012

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks to all for your replies!
@MarcoRome, your reply was perfect if I had chosen to opt for paypal :)
But I'm thinking to use Stripe. So I have to use a WebView with OkHttpUtils2 to call the Stripe REST Api. I'm right ?

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

Jaco vd Walt

Licensed User
Longtime User
But I'm thinking to use Stripe. So I have to use a WebView with OkHttpUtils2 to call the Stripe REST Api. I'm right ?

A Webservice is something that a payment provider offers to give you the means to tell it what it is you want to do. So in other words, you want to send the provider the credit card detail (number, expiry and cvv) and they will do the authorization, and send you a reply back.

So the idea of the REST api is that you use web posts to supply the provider with your credentials, the card detail and the amount you require.

Then for every post there would be a reply. The reply would come from them and will contain info regarding the status of the transaction (or any error codes)

So in other words you can handle the entire transaction without using a webview. (By using okiutils you are using the language of the web, but not an actual webbrowser).

Now the reason I stated the use of a webview was because some payment providers (like payfast in south africa) offers you a web page where you can send your users to, making payment extremely easy. You dont have to handle any posts. etc. But there is only a few that works like that. Most of them make use of Web posts (REST)

Hope this makes more sense !

Upvote 0