AVD - Emulator problems

William Hunter

Licensed User
Longtime User
I am starting to have problems with the AVD Manager. These problems did not occur previously. I have a virtual device using the built in WVGA800(480x800). I have the density set at 160dpi – a density of 1. Yet when I run an app in this VD, it displays as 240dpi – a density of 1.5.

I am using Android SDK Version 1.14, and have reinstalled the SDK. I have also recreated the virtual device. I can no longer seem to configure this VD to display at a density of 1. The heap is set to a value of 24 – the default. The SD card is set to 16MB. The B4A Designer is also set to a density of 1.

I’m also finding the emulator to be a bit flakey. It will always run a project directly after compiling. But sometimes the emulator will not run a previously compiled app started from within the emulator. It’s very sporadic behavior.

Has anyone else experienced a similar problem, and found a solution to it. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. :confused:

margret

Licensed User
Longtime User
Many of us have seen this. I will NOT use an emulator for these reasons. I saw a post to this link the other day. I have no idea about this, I am just passing what I saw to you. I know nothing about it other than what I read. Proceed with caution. If it works it might be good but I don't know. I just wanted to make sure you understand I am not recommending this product, it's just something you can check into.

Video Guide: Android ICS Emulator for Microsoft Windows with Intel Hardware Accelerated Execution Manager

Upvote 0