Bug? AVD Manager Not Working

Status
Not open for further replies.

prunesquallor

Licensed User
I'm probably being dumb, but I've recently downloaded B4A v9.00 and installed it, along with the SDK and all the rest. I've followed the instructions and I've set up all the paths, but AVD manager just comes up with "Error: 'avdmanager.bat' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file."

I can see the file ... \android-sdk-windows\tools\bin\sdkmanager.bat

But I have no clue where AVD is looking for it: it seems to have no configuration settings that are accessible. I've had a search on the Forum, but nothing seems relevant. Is this a path issue?

Thanks

prunesquallor

Licensed User
Thanks for the reply. I've realised that I wasn't seeing avdmanager.bat, but sdkmanager.bat. The full path for that is:
C:\Users\J\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\18.0\PlatformSDKs\android-sdk-windows\tools\bin\sdkmanager.bat
And if I run sdkmanager, it picks it up fine, and I'm up-to-date on all the packages.

If I run AVD, I get This error message (twice):
"Error: 'avdmanager.bat' is not recognized as an internal or
external command,
operable program or batch file."

I've also searched the entire system disk, and avdmanager.bat is not on it. Which implies its bits weren't installed. Now I thought it was in the B4A installation kit: but it doesn't seem to be. So where can I get it from (should I, for example, install Android Studio)?
ATB

Status
Not open for further replies.