B4A 1.90 app force-closes on API 4 AVD

Kevin

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have an AVD for Android v1.6 (API 4) that I keep around just to make sure my app will still run okay on such an old device (rare as they may be now).

I noticed after upgrading to B4A 1.90 that my app will no longer run on the API 4 AVD. After the app installs it simply says that the app has stopped unexpectedly and to try again.

I've tried enabling debugging, disabling obfuscation, but nothing works. The app won't even run enough for debugging to help because it never gets far enough to even connect.

Thinking this may be a problem on my main computer, I took a backup of my project (made just prior to updating to B4A 1.90) and opened it on my laptop running the previous version of B4A. As expected, it worked fine on the API 4 AVD. Next I closed out the AVD, installed B4A 1.90 onto the laptop, then opened the project again and tried running it on the API 4 AVD. Again as expected, the app force closed immediately.

Did I maybe miss something in B4A 1.90 release info about apps not working on API 4 (Android v1.6) anymore starting in B4A 1.90?

:sign0085:

Last edited:

Kevin

Licensed User
Longtime User
Just curious if anyone else has tried running their app compiled with B4A 1.90 on an AVD running Android 1.6 (API 4)?

I was planning on publishing an update to my app this weekend but now I am not sure if I should until I figure out what's going on.

:sign0163:

Upvote 0

bluejay

Licensed User
Longtime User
Apps are supposed to still run on 1.6.

B4A 1.9 Release Notes

- Layout files created (or updated) with v1.90 are not compatible with previous versions. For that reason it is recommended to backup your projects before upgrading.

- The designer and debugger require Android 2.0 or above. Compiled programs are still supported by Android 1.6 or above.

I think I still have a 1.6 device around somewhere - have to try and find it to give it a test.

BlueJay

Upvote 0