Android Question b4a 8.8 beta and Appupdating incompability

MbedAndroid

Well-Known Member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Trying to build a applications with b4a 8.8 gives errors on multiple libraries. Refine this issue all seem to be related to UDG app-updating lib.

Using b4a 8.5 all works fine. Also App updating 1.3 and 2.00 without errors.

With 8.8 beta and app-updating 1.3 or 2.00 multiple errors come up, pointing to different libraries.
This seems to be a glitch in B4a 8.8. When 1 library is not accepted, multiple will be reported. See example
upload_2018-12-18_19-55-19.png


building the source code of Appupdating with 8.8 beta gives no improvement
Using the example AppupdatingEx200 found it compiled fine in 8.5, but gives following errors in 8.8
upload_2018-12-18_19-59-16.png



Note: as you see the phone lib is "missing", but in fact it's there. A glitch of b4a 8.8 i suppose.

a workaround for this glitch is to deselect the phone library, and activate it again. This will be alive for as long b4a is open and the phone lib is in memory. As soon you restart b4a again the phone lib will be reported again. But it's a glitch, started by the Appupdating lib.

So question is: is appupdating 1.3/2.00 not compatible with b4a 8.8 or some setting has to be done?
 

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
No glitches in V8.00 Beta #1 for me so far @MbedAndroid, the phone library and ALL my projects are working for me perfectly fine. Libraries that have been upgraded with V8.80 Beta #1 may need .height, .width using like the camera library, In-App Billing map needed .size adding to it to, but nothing major as far as I'm concerned.

If I were you, first I would make sure that you do not have the same libraries in your external folder as in your main internal folder, then I would completely uninstall and remove B4A and it's installation folder, then I would re-install B4A again. You might as well install V8.80 again because as far as I'm concerned there's nothing wrong with the folder location or libraries.
 
Upvote 0

MbedAndroid

Well-Known Member
Licensed User
Longtime User
its the combination with Appupdating. Without appupdating all is compiled fine with 8.8
and we already had the discussion yesterday about the additional libary folder. Nothing wrong with that. It's not inside the b4a folder anymore, and carries no doubles
 
Upvote 0

udg

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,
from your post #1 I can read:
"Undeclared variable apkupdt.." which (if I recall correctly) is the variable used in Main to instantiate the class cl_appupdate
Following that message and the one related to the Phone library there's:
"Unknow type cl_appupdate", which should indicate that the lib is not found.

I have got no copy of B4A 8.8 right now (yes, it's time to upgrade; how did I forget about it?) so can't test myself, sorry.
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0

MbedAndroid

Well-Known Member
Licensed User
Longtime User
yep, the lib is not read. Correct.
Same to the phone lib, but both are there.

Any other program compiled with the phone lib is without any issue. So it isnt the phone lib, it's not loaded as the appupdating lib is not loaded.

I still wonder if this is b4a 8.8 bug or something with your application.
In some way i managed this morning to compile your example with 8.8. Same way i did before, but now with deselecting and selecting the appupdating library. Then recompiled your lib again (did it before).
And then voila...it works. No errors
Keep you posted if it keeps working or not.
 
Upvote 0

MbedAndroid

Well-Known Member
Licensed User
Longtime User
these libs i compiled this morning with Beta 8.8, and now the errors are gone in your example appupdating200
(Hope it stays this way, i'm not quite sure about this. )
 

Attachments

  • AppUpdating.jar
    35.9 KB · Views: 297
  • AppUpdating.xml
    24.4 KB · Views: 313
  • Like
Reactions: udg
Upvote 0

MbedAndroid

Well-Known Member
Licensed User
Longtime User
tried to reconstruct this issue:
the libs compiled with 8.5 (as supplied https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/appupdating-2-0-update-non-market-apps.98419/#content) doesnt work on 8.8. Instead they are not loaded and the phone lib isnt loaded either..
This must be a glitch of b4a 8.8. When the appupdating lib is not compatible, the phone lib should be loaded anyway independent of the error of the appupdating lib. Reporting this in this way in the logfile is confusing.:(

The libs i supplied today compiled with 8.8 are still working even when i reboot the pc.
I dont get why this didnt worked out yesterday as i did the same steps.
Anyway time to implement the appupdating 200 in my code!
 
Upvote 0
Top