Beta B4A v12.8 BETA is available for download

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm happy to release a new beta version of B4A.
This update brings the integrated code snippets feature to B4A:

B4J_czkcESZ48U.gif

https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/b4x-code-snippets.152450/

It also includes important fixes for two issues, one in OkHttpUtils2 that caused requests to fail in some cases and the second related to a behavioral change in Android 14 that could cause the starter service to misbehave.

Updated internal libraries:
Core v12.8, OkHttpUtils2 v3.04, XUI Views v2.58, XUI v2.32, Network v1.54, NB6 v1.05, SimpleMediaManager v1.14, B4XPages v1.12

Download link: https://www.b4x.com/android/files/beta.exe

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
thanks Erel for this update. Is it safe to compile the app and upload to the store with the beta version or is it better to wait until the released version is available?

Upvote 0

Alessandro71

Licensed User
Longtime User
behavioral change in Android 14 that could cause the starter service to misbehave.

do we have a description of what are the conditions under which such misbehavior occur?
just to understand if it is necessary to recompile and release an update to all published apps or not.
is it related to the manifest target SDK or happens regardless of that?

Upvote 0

marcick

Licensed User
Longtime User
do we have a description of what are the conditions under which such misbehavior occur?
just to understand if it is necessary to recompile and release an update to all published apps or not.
is it related to the manifest target SDK or happens regardless of that?
If you terminate the app and start again you will see a blank screen. A reboot is needed. You can test it with the default project on the emulator also.

Upvote 0

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
If you terminate the app and start again you will see a blank screen. A reboot is needed. You can test it with the default project on the emulator also.
correct, and it is discussed here:

Upvote 0

Sandman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Updated internal libraries:
[...], B4XPages v1.12
Since B4XPages is such a central pillar for B4X, I got curious what had changed in version 1.12. So I compared to the B4A 12.5 version using Meld.

To my surprise I can only see that the version number in the manifest got bumped from 1.11 to 1.12, and no other changes anywhere. It feels like perhaps something is missing, if you meant to update the library.

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

ema01

Licensed User
Longtime User
Fair enough :)
MeasureMultilineTextHeight problem is still present, I will try to prepare a small project to test if i have time (which is very little)
I had problems with the starter service as well, and it seems they have been solved

Upvote 0

ema01

Licensed User
Longtime User
@Erel I finally took some time to look into the StringUtils bug, turns out it isn't
but it's a PITA nonetheless

Upvote 0