B4A and Dual Sim Phones

rocksailor

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,
I am trying to find a way around how I could tell b4a to access the 2nd sim card in the phone to make phone calls and send sms messages.

Has anyone found a way around this?

Tks

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I believe it is doable with reflector lib, but you should first google a bit for what methods are available, in ordr to first determine if the device where your app is installed has dual-sim capability

Upvote 0

rocksailor

Licensed User
Longtime User
It certainly is Doable cos I got an android 2.2 phone with 2 sims in it and phone/sms software has built in functionality to address both sims.

I have Googled, Binges, Yahooed, msned and beed everywhere but I can't find any example of anyone that has done this using b4a.

If any of u guys stumble on any example, please let me know

Thanks

Upvote 0

pluton

Licensed User
Longtime User
It certainly is Doable cos I got an android 2.2 phone with 2 sims in it and phone/sms software has built in functionality to address both sims.

I have Googled, Binges, Yahooed, msned and beed everywhere but I can't find any example of anyone that has done this using b4a.

If any of u guys stumble on any example, please let me know

Thanks

Hi rocksailor. What is your phone with that dual SIM. Does it support market and android applications or it is some China copy from ebay?

Upvote 0

viljemto

Licensed User
Longtime User
This is solution for HTC Desire 500 Dual SIM:

B4X:
Dim i As Intent
i.Initialize(i.ACTION_CALL, "tel:" & telNumber.Replace("#", "%23"))

'this is where all the magic is!
i.putExtra("phone_type", 1) 'For sim 1
'or
i.putExtra("phone_type", 5) 'For sim 2 

StartActivity(i)

Upvote 0

GMan

Licensed User
Longtime User
Any news about this ?

Upvote 0

GMan

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thx, all is fine

Upvote 0

Humberto

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have an LGi-II ( e415F) dual chip and "simSlot" and "phone_type" solution doesn´t work.
I tried to lisen the log and didn´t find anything

Can someone help ?

Thanks

Upvote 0