Bug? B4A app is black on switching back to Active App

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
All I wanted to do was swap tasks. ALT-TAB. Simple. Convention and logic since the day GUIs started. A programmer must program correctly, what I think is poor is that most people these days use wizards and controls. I used to program with pixels, why do people think everything should come on a silver platter?

If I understood correctly that the issue is switching (swapping) between apps, then long-click on the devices menu and click on the app that you wish to switch to (your current app will still be running).
BTW: I programmed with binary (below assembler) back in 1983
3E F7
D3 8C
I was entering the HEX code directly to the memory using EPROM programmer
Then I modernized myself and programmed with Assembler as high level language:
LD A, 7F
LD HL, 6A 97
DJNZ (Decrement and Jump if Not equal to Zero)
etc.

p.s.
How did you program with pixels? you mean you (programmed pixels)? I don't remember any language or CPU instruction set that has instructions in pixels.

Last edited:

Simon Smith

Licensed User
Longtime User
So are you arguing that android architecture is illogical?
What? This forum is to help people. They have their answer, so no negativity.
Hmm...I wouldnt say that. Mobile device specs sound great but in reality the bottlenecks are about other things like thermal envelope and bandwidth. Besides, you have a Samsung, what do you expect
. Um, if you want to make Apps that take up 5GB RAM go for it. If I was a consumer I wouldn't pay for it. Samsung actually when you take off the crap is probably one of the best phones on the market. Either way - the point respectfully was - the solution 'programmers' are using these days to cover up bad code was the fact that 'ah well - devices can cope'. Erel would probably remember back to the Windows CE days like me and it certainly didn't require this kind of RAM and CPU to run a properly programmed App. Topic closed. It just illustrates the difference between hardcore Application programmers and today's startup mobile programmer.

Simon Smith

Licensed User
Longtime User
If I understood correctly that the issue is switching (swapping) between apps, then long-click on the devices menu and click on the app that you wish to switch to (your current app will still be running).
BTW: I programmed with binary (below assembler) back in 1983
3E F7
D3 8C
I was entering the HEX code directly to the memory using EPROM programmer
Then I modernized myself and programmed with Assembler as high level language:
LD A, 7F
LD HL, 6A 97
DJNZ (Decrement and Jump if Not equal to Zero)
etc.

p.s.
How did you program with pixels? you mean you (programmed pixels)? I don't remember any language or CPU instruction set that has instructions in pixels.

BBC, Basic, You know what I mean. It was an expression, if I drew a picture, I'd draw the pixel (since late 80's in basic, that was my meaning. Logic is logic, programming and machine code haven't changed. Devices have accommodated for lazy programmers. Anyway the point of this thread was simply why does Android go to a black screen in a multitasking environment when it is advised never to END an application, but also advised to preserve user activity. I just pointed out an inconsistency and drew back to programming standards that HAVEN'T changed through the years. Everyone has different backgrounds, I lived through the birth of GUI and OOP, and have an opinion on the stupidity of resources phones need to accommodate for try-hard new day programmers.