B4A, B4X Ubuntu X64 ?

fgh3966

Licensed User
Happy New Year 2023 ! 😀
I would like to install B4A on Ubuntu 22.04 for example, new B4A 12.0 is only 64 bit --> Linux and Wine arch support 64 bit.
I can't install dotnet452 or vcrun2010, because arch X64 doesn't seem to be appreciated by these old versions.
Can you help me ?
Thank you.

EnriqueGonzalez

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi! please look at the following thread on how to do it:

Its not easy but you will eventually go there. I chose Crossover for my installation was pretty easy and the experience was neat

techknight

Licensed User
Longtime User
I feel in the future, the .net IDE needs ported to .NET Core which is cross-platform. Not entirely certain why that hasn't been done, maybe its stuck with native windows libraries?

Regardless I absolutely dislike whats happening to windows and where its headed, once 10 reaches EOL I am probably going to jump ship to linux. Would be awesome if eventually these tools are ported to be cross-platform with Core, or otherwise. I honestly think it would open up the sector quite a bit.

EnriqueGonzalez

Licensed User
Longtime User
Not entirely certain why that hasn't been done
According to AA it's because third party vendors on some parts of the IDE

I also think that Linux is awesome but it always comes with increases customer support.

I honestly think it would open up the sector quite a bit.
I have been on a non windows machine for years now. I always have to either use parallels or wine to keep coding.