Android Question B4A Bridge Connected but Not Working

Jeff Garland

Licensed User
Longtime User
Everything with B4A Bridge has been fine except for some reason it changes IP addresses every few minutes. No other system on our network does it. Just my phone when using B4A Bridge. I decided to switch from DHCP to a static address which I have done many times for various reasons. B4A could see the phone. It said connected in the lower left of the IDE and would say completed successfully when I do a compile and run. The blue bar at the bottom of B4A now takes almost a hour to go completely across the screen but never installs and finally says "The was a problem parsing the package".

I went back to DHCP and now it does the same although it used to work quickly.

I verified the phone and PC are on the same network and in the same segment of addresses.

I restarted the phone and PC.

I uninstalled B4A bridge and got the latest from the play store.

I setup a new guest network and connected the PC and phone to that.

I tried direct USB connection but even though I turned it on, I don't think my phone supports USB debugging.

Right now I can't get programs on the phone. B4A can see the phone. It says connected in the lower left of the IDE and will say completed successfully when I do a compile and run. The blue bar at the bottom of B4A takes almost a hour to go completely across the screen but never installs and finally says "The was a problem parsing the package". Then the blue bar starts crawling across the screen again and repeats.

Any ideas?

Jeff Garland

Licensed User
Longtime User
I see where others had issues with APKs. I can't see anything wrong there. I got busy with something else after the blue bar through the parse error and the blue bar restarted. It did the same error again and restarted. The third time it installed the app.

I thought maybe it was fixed and tried again but it failed, failed and succeeded. It takes about an hour and a half to install any app now after 2 fails.

Upvote 0

Jeff Garland

Licensed User
Longtime User
So we tried with several phones that worked yesterday. All failed the same way. Apparently when I set a static IP on my phone is messed up the b4A on the PC side. I deleted all the APKs created today and it still fails.

Upvote 0

KMatle

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Firewall or Antivir blocking anything? Wifi stable? Changing IP addresses isn't caused by B4x. Must be something with your network settings. Here (as most others) I have Android 4 to Android 11 devices using B4A Bridge with not problems.

Upvote 0

Jmu5667

Licensed User
Longtime User
Me
Firewall or Antivir blocking anything? Wifi stable? Changing IP addresses isn't caused by B4x. Must be something with your network settings. Here (as most others) I have Android 4 to Android 11 devices using B4A Bridge with not problems.
Me too, more then 20 phones

Upvote 0

Jeff Garland

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hey guys. Yes our wifi is stable and we have half a dozen various android version online and working fine until yesterday. No idea why it started changing IPs often. Any of our phones do it when we are connected using b4a bridge. Of the dozen + PCs and linux boxes, 2 Xboxes, 3 tvs and half a dozen phones, nothing else does that. That's why I tried static IPs and that was when it went to crap. The good news is I switched cables last night late and now I can use USB debugging. I will read through the article you listed above. The bridge is convenient when I need to shove something to my kids phones. I'll see if that gets it working.

Oh, and only one ide at a time, multiple reinstalls, deleted apks, etc.

No firewall blocking. I checked by turning it off.

It started like a light switch when I went to static IPS and it has persisted even after I switched back to DHCP.

I'll read the article.

Upvote 0

Jeff Garland

Licensed User
Longtime User
OK so PoppaBart gets the cookie.

It didn't prompt for the designer install when it was on the cable because it was already installed. I uninstalled it and it did prompt to install again but only on the cable, the bridge still did not work.

I uninstalled the designer again and took it off the cable. This time when it connected with the bridge and started the download it prompted again to install the designer and this time it worked.

I have sent it several times now and whatever got screwed up when I tried static IPs got fixed by uninstalling the designer and having it reinstall when connected only to the bridge.

Thank you!

Upvote 0