B4A Bridge hanging?

Caravelle

Licensed User
Longtime User
When using B4A Bridge, please can someone tell me exactly what is supposed to happen on the device after I click the "Run" icon on the desktop and get a successful installation message? I suspect I was supposed to get a message asking permission to install but nothing like that happened.

It's only the "Guess My Number" game from the tutorial, and I managed to lay out the views on the device designer screen. But after installation, the designer screen on the device sits there unchanged; if I press the back button on the device nothing happens for a while, then the B4A Bridge screen comes up; if I push back again, a small message comes up saying that B4A Bridge is not responding. I can't find any new app icons for the game either and my temp.apk file belongs to "Hello world" which I installed earlier - without use of the B4A designer. So it looks like "Guess My Number" hasn't installed after all.

I'm finding the process very confusing: at several points this evening B4A Bridge said it was connected but the the destop reported "Disconnected", so something is not quite right.

The device is an Asus TF101 Transformer running Android 3.1.

Thanks

Caravelle

Caravelle

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks, that's what I thought should happen.

I had tried turning the device off and on a couple of times and reconnecting, but the same thing kept happening. This morning, however, everything worked properly first time... I shall try to capture the log next time if it happens again.

Two more questions:

(1) when B4A Bridge hangs there is an option to "Report". Does that send a message of some kind to Anywhere Software?

(2) is there a way of making the Bridge start up in, or automatically change to landscape mode? My Transformer will always be connected to its keyboard for support when it's near my desktop, so it's basically a miniature laptop. It's only a small niggle, but this would make the program look a little more finished and professional :)

Caravelle

Upvote 0