Android Question [SOLVED] B4XPages (B4A) hanging on start

Jeffrey Cameron

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm working on my first B4XPages app a "quick" little demo program (and I know, I'm late to the B4XPages game) using B4X 12.20. It's been coming along fine, I've been using an old Samsung S5 with B4A-Bridge and that hasn't been an issue.

Enter yesterday, I made a small change to one of the display layouts and ran in debug mode as I've been doing for the past few days. The app hangs at a white screen (I can see a small square in the upper-left-hand corner that is background color of my main page) with "Waiting for debugger to connect" or sometimes just the white screen. Eventually the OS will complain and ask if I want to close it (the IDE will time-out long before that most of the time). I added log statements at the end of the startup procedures and this is what I get:
Log:
*** Service (starter) Create ***
** Service (starter) Start **
** Activity (main) Create (first time) **
B4XMainPage.Initialize
B4XMainPage.Page_Created
Call B4XPages.GetManager.LogEvents = True to enable logging B4XPages events.  ' This is set to true in activity create
Main.Activity_Create
** Activity (main) Resume **
Main.Activity_Resume

This happens in debug, release and release (obfuscated). I've tried the usual suspects, clean project, reboot everything including the wireless router, turned off Windows Firewall, etc. It was working fine for days, and now I can't get past this. Any suggestions to fix or further debug this would be greatly appreciated.

epiCode

Licensed User
Upload a demo project which is causing error.

Upvote 0

Jeffrey Cameron

Licensed User
Longtime User
This is just a sample program for my own edification, so I don't have tons of time to spend on it. I ended up deleting the project folder and pulled it down from the repo before I made the changes yesterday, and it seems to be working fine now after making the same changes again.

I'll just write it off due to my own incompetence for now and move on.

Upvote 0