Android Question B4A-Bridge on Fire TV Stick

cooperlegend

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi, Can B4A-Bridge please be made available for the Fire TV Stick in the Amazon Store :)

I can search and find it on a Fire Tablet, but not on the TV Stick

Cheers

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

cooperlegend

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes, it works fine, I side loaded it before, I think it just needs "Erel" to re-submit it to Amazon ticking all Fire devices as supported (I needed to do this on one of my own Apps)

Then the Amazon Store will show it :)

Upvote 0

cooperlegend

Licensed User
Longtime User
An old version is available here: https://www.amazon.com/Anywhere-Software-B4A-Bridge/dp/B008RUO2TU

I've submitted an update. Will hopefully appear soon.

Still not appeared , have Amazon notified you that this is released yet?

Upvote 0

EyalSch

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm not sure why it is listed as incompatible. Are you able to install external APKs?
If you mean other applications from the amazon store then Yes.
Also the option, in both devices, "Apps from Unknown Sources" is On.
I can sideload if I will have the apk.

Upvote 0

Roger Taylor

Licensed User
Longtime User
I just had to sideload b4a_bridge.apk shown in the B4A installation instructions, onto my new Fire TV 4K Max Stick, and I'm not sure if the app is the newest but it's slightly different than the one I have on my older Fire TV Stick. When I build my app from B4A and it sends it to my 4K Fire Stick, the progress bar goes across as usual, then an Install screen pops up but it looks different... the buttons to Cancel or Install are at the bottom right corner, and there is no highlighting. The sequence of buttons I have to press to get to Install are DOWN, then RIGHT. Luckily I can hear the clicks happening as I press the remote arrows, and when I point at Install there is a higher pitched click.

Is there a newer version of the bridge, and why hasn't it appeared as compatible in the appstore yet? I have channels published and went through those woes before and it usually involves setting the sdkversion parameters correctly in the manifest... maybe a few other tiny things on your store account, but there is no reason why this simple app can't be compatible with practically all Android devices so we can install it easier.

Thanks for getting back to me on this, and I realize this thread was old when I replied.

Upvote 0

Roger Taylor

Licensed User
Longtime User
I think that the install screen belongs to the Android package installer and is nothing to do with B4ABridge which just asks the package installer to install the apk.

Ah, ok. It might also be just with my Samsung TV model. Looking closer, I can barely see the highlighting as it's very close to the background color. I don't know what they were thinking. :)

Upvote 0