Bug? B4A doesn't check if the drive exists when opening it from the command line

NeoTechni

Licensed User
Longtime User
When clicking one of the recent files from the list, if Windows has decided to not connect the harddrive this time I booted my computer, B4A will freeze.

NeoTechni

Licensed User
Longtime User
But does it check during load? Cause It's pointing to files that currently don't exist cause Windows is screwing with my hard drives.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    151.3 KB · Views: 180

NeoTechni

Licensed User
Longtime User
Speaking of which, I need a "Save As" for the same reason, because I can't save my work when Windows decides to do this.

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
But does it check during load?
No. However it shouldn't cause the IDE to freeze. It will just show an error message that the file cannot be loaded.
SS-2017-10-10_08.43.02.png

Speaking of which, I need a "Save As" for the same reason, because I can't save my work when Windows decides to do this.
It was discussed many times. You can use File - Export as zip to create a zip with all the project files.

NeoTechni

Licensed User
Longtime User
I tried export but it failed in this condition. I also didn't get that message. It just froze.

Some more details:
I hibernate my computer instead of shutting it down, and in this instance it didn't detect the drive after starting back up. When I tried to load from either the recent list, or the windows taskbar recent list (windows 7) it just froze and I had to close the program from the task manager. So the error checking may not be on the command line handler.