Android Question B4A Don't Clear Log

cruzeiro991

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm using B4A v6.80. In previous versions I did not have this problem, I click on clear, the log window is empty but as soon as I compile the application all the old logs return. This is disturbing me a lot because it is difficult to identify the points where the application was compiled. Does anyone have a solution?

Last edited:

davidvidasoft

Licensed User
I have the same problem. If it really bothers you then you can try to set a colored log at the start of your application so you can diff. the previous logs group from the new one. Like this
B4X:
LogColor("----------------------------------", Colors.Cyan)

Upvote 0

cruzeiro991

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have the same problem. If it really bothers you then you can try to set a colored log at the start of your application so you can diff. the previous logs group from the new one. Like this
B4X:
LogColor("----------------------------------", Colors.Cyan)
Thanks, I think this will do for now.

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
It will happen when you use B4A-Bridge due to a change in the way the logs are read. There are several advantages for the new method: more reliable, allows seeing the full app logs and allows seeing the logs in release mode.
Currently it doesn't clear the logs when the app starts as it is technically more problematic.

Upvote 0