B4A for a blind person.

Douglas Farias

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi all.

we have a group on whatsapp of Brazilians who use the B4X sotwares.

Yesterday afternoon, a new member entered, a different programmer, he is blind.
He can not see anything and still program.

I had never particularly seen it.

It uses only the keyboard, and a program to read everything on the screen for it.

In android he uses talkback.

He used another program to make apps, but said he arrived at a point that he could not go on to be blind.

He has already created some PC programs, and works, supports his family with programming.
Really a story of overcoming.

Yesterday it started in B4A, already managed to configure the entire B4A, JAVA SDK alone ....

But he asked me if there was a list of commands and shortcuts available in the forum, a general list that shows all the B4A shortcuts. to use the keyboard only.

He asked me if it's possible for a blind person to program in B4A, and I did not know how to respond.

I was wondering, how could it do the layout part of the app, etc ...

Anyway, I'm here to ask for help from you, and especially from @Erel .

What can I tell this programmer?
Is it really possible for him to create an app on B4A being blind?
If possible send me materials to try to help you.

List of commands, audios etc ....

Everything can help, the man really needs to support his family, and he has a lot of willpower, any help is welcome.

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I cannot recall the user nickname, but I know that there is one with the same condition here in the forum, and he's been active for years now! Could be a good source of insight

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
But he asked me if there was a list of commands and shortcuts available in the forum, a general list that shows all the B4A shortcuts. to use the keyboard only.
I don't think that you will find such list. However all the shortcuts are listed next to the relevant commands. You can find most of them if you right click inside the code editor and in the various menus.

MarkusR

Licensed User
Longtime User
maybe is voice recognition a option to use the ide?
its part of windows. it can open apps, use menus, insert text, and so on but you need a clear voice+ good micro.
Snap_2019.06.08_09h57m25s_001_.png

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
he can always try the B4A trial and even the free B4J to 'see' where the limitations are.

maybe it's easier to list his issues so that we can tell him if there is a solution for it.