Android Question B4A gives error during compiling.

PoliceFreez

Licensed User
Longtime User
Good day

I had to reload my computed due to an issue I could not sort out without reloading.
The issue is I've installed B4B 10.2 after reloading and then I tried to run the app.

Even though the error log on my program gives no errors, when I run it I get the following error message:

B4A Version: 10.2
Java Version: 11
Parsing code. (0.37s)
Building folders structure. (0.20s)
Compiling code. (2.14s)
Compiling layouts code. (0.07s)
Organizing libraries. (0.00s)
(AndroidX SDK)
Generating R file. (0.00s)
Compiling debugger engine code. Error
B4A line: 24
Dim jo As JavaObject = View
shell\src\aa\za\groceries\xuiviewsutils_subs_0.java:104: error: cannot find symbol
_jo = RemoteObject.declareNull("anywheresoftware.b4a.AbsObjectWrapper").runMethod(false, "ConvertToWrapper", RemoteObject.createNew("anywheresoftware.b4j.object.JavaObject"), xuiviewsutils.mostCurrent._view.getObject());Debug.locals.put("jo", _jo);
^
symbol: method getObject()
1 error

What can this error mean and how would I find where it is when the logs show no errors.

Your help will be highly appreciated.

JohnC

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Do a search in your code for the line "Dim jo As JavaObject = View" (it should be line 24 in some module).

It appears the error has something to do with your code trying to assign a javaobject to a view.

Upvote 0

JohnC

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
It looks like it might be in a library called "xuiviewsutils"

Upvote 0

PoliceFreez

Licensed User
Longtime User
I did what you said, but it did not work.
I then installed B4A 10 and my app worked.
When I installed 10.2 the app gave the same error.

Upvote 0

PoliceFreez

Licensed User
Longtime User
I was talking about the previous posts. What I think is that if it works on B4A 10 with XUI Views 2.34 and not in B4A 10.2 with XUI Views 2.41 then the error is in B4A 10.2 or XUI Views 2.41. .

Upvote 0