Android Question [B4A] Google Play Integrity API and Licensing libray

magicmars

Licensed User
Hi,

I'm about to publish an application on Google Play, and want to protect it against external use of it.
I was about to integrate the "licensing library" but several old forum posts made me doubt whether, or not, to integrate this library into my application :

"You don't need a licensing library anymore, just set your minimum API to 16+"
“Google is applying a similar protection to all apps automatically. The app is encrypted and (theoretically) cannot be copied to other devices. It can only be downloaded directly from Google Play. »

By reading the official documentation of Google Licensing api, it appears that "licensing lib" will soon be obsolete and replaced by "Play Integrity Api"

1644506027324.png

https://developer.android.com/google/play/integrity

So my question is:
- Is this Library dating from 2011 still useful in 2022 ? or Google play offers an integrated alternative to protect applications, as soon as they are published?
- Is it possible to integrate this new library "Play Integrity API in B4A ?

Thank you for your insights .
Cheers.

magicmars

Licensed User
Hi Sandman,

I want to avoid the APK app to be published in a non offical store. (apk pure etc), and use Android licensing service to verify that the user is allowed to access the app.

Upvote 0

Sandman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Aha, sounds like the Enterprise solution for iOS then. I wasn't even aware Android had that feature, sorry I can't help more.

Upvote 0