B4A IDE not very responsive??

aeric

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I understand that it come preinstalled as free trial when you bought your laptop.
This software usually a bloatware but who cares? Our machine still new so performance is not an issue then. But the longer we use Windows, it may become slower. Back to many years when I purchased my new laptop, it come with Trend Micro antivirus and firewall which I prefer more than Norton suite. The only Norton product I found useful back in the old time is Norton Ghost.

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I understand that it come preinstalled as free trial when you bought your laptop.
no, i was weird enough to open firefox, go to google.com and enter Norton
then go to the purchase page and buy the software. it did not come pre installed i actually searched for the soft but please don't open closed wounds i am already ashamed enough 😥

aeric

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
no, i was weird enough to open firefox, go to google.com and enter Norton
then go to the purchase page and buy the software. it did not come pre installed i actually searched for the soft but please don't open closed wounds i am already ashamed enough 😥
Sorry to hear that.
Maybe you can shoot an email to their support since you get paid support.

Jmu5667

Licensed User
Longtime User
If it happens again have task manager running and see what resources are being consumed by what services.

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
is this normal?

1716412453082.png

40% memory :(

i have 32gb ram but still it looks to me much for only running b4i/b4a + emulator or am i wrong?

maybe pc is already old?
PC specs:
Device name Ilan_Dell
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz 3.19 GHz
Installed RAM 32.0 GB (31.8 GB usable)
Device ID XXXXXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXXXXX
Product ID XXXXXX-XXXXXX-XXXXXX-XXXXXX
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display

Last edited: