B4A Library b4a Lib Installer

Hi to all

Created myself a little Windows utility to install the library updates and new libs.

Small GUI 2 buttons, button 1 install zip file to standard destination of B4A or button 2 alternative destination.

if enough people interested i`ll add version checking and maybe expand it a bit more for the community.

Thanks to Erel for your sterling work and the B4A community, Thanks Folks

bsd. :)

aka Zebuddi

Last edited:

latcc

Banned
This utility sounded really useful.

It is a real pain manually checking each library and finding the link to download any new versions of useful libraries within the forum.

clx

Licensed User
Longtime User
Erel, what if this tool just kept track of whether or not libraries have been updated, or when new libraries come out and notifies you.. then it will take you to the forum page and you can login on the forum page to download the library?

JonPM

Licensed User
Longtime User
Erel, what if this tool just kept track of whether or not libraries have been updated, or when new libraries come out and notifies you.. then it will take you to the forum page and you can login on the forum page to download the library?

that'd be nice

Sent from my DROIDX

rbsoft

Licensed User
Longtime User
Just make sure to make it light on the server.

Wouldn't it be a good idea to include this in B4A itself? B4A would check at start if there are any updated libraries and alert you of it. Could even be limited to the first start of B4A per day to make it lighter on the server.

Alternatively B4A could perform a check every time a project is opened for only the libraries that are used in that project.

Rolf

Last edited:

bsd

Licensed User
Longtime User
installer v2.0

Version 2.0 is all most done!!!

This version uses listviews auto checks if downloaded zips are a newer version
will auto install if true, will print a txt file to desktop of installed files and versions

multifile install in no way does it interact will Erel`s b4a site except looking now at getting the list from the updated official and user libs page which will notify you if there are new libs. all libs are maually downloaded and per user login and download.

if ok with Erel would this be ok with you ?. no offence was ment when i made the first post. as others have said just reduces a tedious task

if any ones interested please email me a [email protected] when complete i will postmail you the .exe

EDIT when i wrote v1.0 it was a quick 10 min job so not a lot of thought went into it. as v1.0 does not deal with nested folders inside the zip package i am only going to issue v2.0 as this deals with that and most other issues. 85-90% done so wont be long
bug reports and constructive criticism welcome!!!.

bsd

aka Zebuddi :)

Last edited:

bsd

Licensed User
Longtime User
I actually want to apologize for my previous reply. I know that your intentions were good.

I'm completely OK with the second solution.

Thank you Erel apologizes accepted and many thanks for all your hard work much appreciated.

Zebbudi. :sign0188:

bsd

Licensed User
Longtime User
90% complete Update

Hi folks v2.0 nearly complete so just an update for those interested some pics should be done and out by this weekend

please goto b4a1 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

there are 3 images
b4a1 shows multi selection you can install via CTRL or SHIFT keys(Block select)

b4a2 shows processing

b4a3 shows change of b4a library install directory ( all that is logged is saved and stored in a txt file too

EDIT

I will be implementing the ability to install examples that are include in the zip packages the a path of your selection. This will be done via selecting a radio button prior to selecting install and choosing the path.

Again constructive criticism and requests welcome

[email protected]
Zebuddi

Zebuddi ( my nickname ) is from the UK tv series MagicRoundabout any one old enough to remember lol :)

Last edited:

NeoTechni

Licensed User
Longtime User
Maybe in the future. New libraries are added almost daily. I don't think that it is so important to update and download all the libraries all the time.

That's exactly why its so important

bsd

Licensed User
Longtime User
This installer doesn't download any library or file, correct?

Hi Erel no sure if this is addressed to me or NeoTechni ? mine does not download any files. its down to the user to login and download the files they want!!!

Zebuddi

bsd

Licensed User
Longtime User
3 Beta testers wanted B4a_installerv2.0 done

Hi to all

B4a library installer done

first 3 that are interested and contact me [email protected] will become beta testers

fully functional
standalone executable 140Kb
will analyse 50 zip files in approx 2.0 secs
sorts and only installs newer or previously not installed files
full log of whats happened save to desktop
creates a preference file for where to install the examples if selected
select check boxes 1 for installing examples if any to destination as selected above
select check box to save log to desk top
Multi file selection supported

on exit if no examples directory has been set a path requester will pop up and then set destination in prefs file

Thanks Zebuddi

Last edited: