Other B4A Minigame competition 2014 Xmas edition

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
The year is reaching its end which means a lot of minigame compos will reach their deadline aswell.

What about a minigame compo for B4A with a Christmas based theme for the game(s)?

A month left to create a minigame which should be enough.

Rules could be...

- Christmas/Winter themed
- Made in B4A (source need to be provided as proof)
- Made by yourself (not taking a flappy bird or match3 game example from this forum and just replace some gfx)
- Game may not be released before by you on Google Play (as in no quick game recycling by using new gfx to fit the theme)
- Filesize limit not set yet (5Mb?)
- Deadline reached, the poll is online.
- Voting from Dec 28 - Jan 1st via forum poll?
- Attenders/Winners might know the result on Jan 1 2015

Erel knowing, he might throw in some B4i+B4A,B4i license(s) or something for the winner or top3.

Erel is so kind to donate 3 B4i + hosted Mac builder licenses for the top 3.

So it's always worth attending for that, the fun , the challenge or to explore the other side of app building (games).

See it as promoting your skills and the possibilities of B4A.

Current entry list:

game title - author (used libs, classes, modules)

Don`t tip the tree! - Mike H. (core, gesturedetector, animation, animationplus)

PicPuzzleXmas
- The Desolate Soul (core, javaobject, msstaggeredgridview, mediabrowser, filehelper, msanimator, reflection, msmaterialmenu, stdactionbarhelper, threading, phone, callsubextended, mscardview)

15 Tiles Xmas Edition
- UDG (Reflection, StringUtils, dgPickers, Classes: DraggableView, CustomListView, Module: StateManager)

Xmas Mahjong - cbc551 (core,audio,acceleratedsurface,scrollview2d,gesturedetector,animationplus)

Santa Chaos - Ilan (Admob, Animation, Core, Reflection)

Santa Got Stuck up the chimney - Dibb3386 - (Core, Gesture Detector)

Elf attack - RandomCoder (core,phone,reflection,audio)

CLAUStrophobia - Sorex (core)

Last edited:

RandomCoder

Licensed User
Longtime User
Can I suggest maybe changing the thread title as it has already been pointed out that some members do not realise that compo is short for competition. It might attract more interest.

I'll have to get more focused on finishing my own app, although I'm only in it for the fun of it :)

Regards,
RandomCoder

Upvote 0

MikeH

Licensed User
Longtime User
Good news.

Erel is so kind to donate 3 B4i + hosted Mac builder licenses for the top three.

Thanks a lot Erel! (also for the sticky)

I'll update the first post with this info...

Is there an alternative prize for those that already paid for b4i licence? I couldnt wait ;)

Upvote 0

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
good question, I would say no because the purpose was B4A and B4i licenses as prizes.

you don't have a b4a version of it? you're not planning to support Android anymore?

Upvote 0

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
ok, we're looking forward to it.

the first entry is about to be submitted.

Upvote 0

udg

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi sorex,

please give us directions on how to submit. Should we post in this thread a link to our games (since I believe most will exceed the posting size limit)?
Will you or any other volunteer set a page on site to collect all of them?

udg

Upvote 0

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
just a link to the apk is fine for now. I'll group the links in the first post.
It can be a google play link aswell.

A link to the source can be send by personal message but it's just to proof that it was made with B4A and hopefully by you ;)

We don't want your game to appear on the store released by someone with just credit changes like it has happened before.
So if you want to spread the source then that responsibility is up to you.

Upvote 0

RandomCoder

Licensed User
Longtime User
Personally I would be interested in seeing other people's source code and I'll definitely be posting mine. For me, this competition is an opportunity to see how a 'simple' game can be developed. I'm just using a canvas and a couple of png's because I have no idea where to start with anything more technical.

Upvote 0

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
It is up to the attenders to decide if they like their source to be spread or not.

I bet if you ask them polite and agree to not abuse it for your own profit that they might hand it over without problems.

Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 30048

Hello, I want to participate!! I'm very excited!

Where do I have to subscribe?

Can I use donationware libraries?

:-D

Upvote 0

susu

Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0