Android Tutorial B4A on Kindle Fire & Amazon App Store Tutorial

* * * B4A on the Kindle Fire Device * * *

This tutorial is being written to help notify/guide B4A users of known issues that have been found using B4A with the kindle fire device and some possible work arounds. There have been many questions about using B4A on the kindle fire and we hope to clear up some of the confusion there has been about this device.

First off it seems that most all issues are with the display and scaling for this device. Their forked version of Android Gingerbread has some strange things that you would not expect to see. A PDF file will be posted as soon as it is completed.

Last edited:

margret

Licensed User
Longtime User
You are correct. On one of my other apps, the bar is at the top and not the bottom. I have only seen this on this one app. I can't think of any reason it would be different. The real issue is with the kindle fire os. I am not going to worry about the app panel myself but will recommend the user start from the home screen until a fix comes. I have passed this information to the kindle fire development team.

vb1992

Licensed User
Longtime User
Announcement today.....
Dear Amazon Appstore for Android Developer,

Today we announced the availability of our Amazon Appstore for Android SDK and In-App Purchasing API to our developer community. Our In-App Purchasing solution allows developers to offer digital content and subscriptions--such as in-game currency, expansion packs, upgrades, and magazine issues--for purchase within apps. We created this new solution to make it easy for you to increase customer engagement and monetize your apps on millions of Kindle Fire and other Android devices.

With the Amazon Appstore for Android In-App Purchasing API, you can reach customers with existing accounts who have already bought apps, including millions of Kindle Fire customers. Our simple, secure, and trusted 1-Click purchase experience is easy for customers to use, increasing conversion rates for purchases within your app. Plus, we designed our In-App Purchasing (IAP) solution to be simple and easy to integrate so you can be up and running quickly.

It’s easy to get started from the Developer Portal, where you'll find documentation, sample code, tutorials, frequently asked questions, and more. In the coming weeks, we’ll also be featuring strategies and tips from our IAP beta partners, such as Glu Mobile, G5 Entertainment, Storm8, and New York Post, on the Amazon Appstore developer blog.

Sign in to the Amazon Appstore Developer Portal to access the Quick Start Guide at http://developer.amazon.com/appstore, visit our developer blog at Amazon Appstore Developer Blog, or check out our IAP video at AmazonAppstoreDev - YouTube
We have updated our Appstore Distribution Agreement, and it includes the terms applicable to your use of our In-App Purchasing solution. Please review the updated agreement here.

The Amazon Appstore for AndroidTeam

Kevin

Licensed User
Longtime User
I haven't had any time to check this out yet, but it looks like Amazon finally released a Fire emulator. :)

We've recently introduced resources to make it even easier to offer your app to customers on Amazon and Kindle Fire. Visit the Amazon Mobile App Distribution Portal to learn about the resources now available, including:

• Kindle Fire Emulator- Using the Kindle Fire Emulator is the recommended way to test and debug Kindle Fire apps if you don't have a Kindle Fire device. Install the emulator from the Distribution Portal.

• Developer Blog: Optimizations for Kindle Fire- Visit our blog and learn how to optimize your mobile app for Kindle Fire. Topics include the soft key bar, hibernation, quick settings, installation, and graphical expectations.

MitchBu

Licensed User
Longtime User
I know this is a very old thread, but as I am struggling to get my app in the Amazon app store, I can use as little help as I can.

The link to the PDF above is broken.

So I used Google to locate a copy:

I am posting that in the event another member needs the same precious information.