Android Question b4a SdkManager

aedwall

Licensed User
Longtime User
I am running b4a v7.30 (because v7.80 does not work for me). How do I get this new (GUI) SDK Manager into my system? I can't figure out what I need or am missing. Thank you.

aedwall

Licensed User
Longtime User
AVD Manager. I set up a new device and tried to start it. See attached for error. Plus, none of my old devices work.

Also, apparently I need to install the Intel x86 Emulator Accelerator, but I cannot find any instructions.

Attachments

• Screenshot_9.png
    Screenshot_9.png
    7.2 KB · Views: 173
  • Screenshot_8.png
    Screenshot_8.png
    22.1 KB · Views: 192
  • Screenshot_10.png
    Screenshot_10.png
    15.5 KB · Views: 176
Upvote 0

lemonisdead

Licensed User
Longtime User
HAXM is located in the \extras\intel directory inside the Android SDK folder

Upvote 0

aedwall

Licensed User
Longtime User
Also, why are there only 3 device choices in AVD Manager? How do I get more? And I used to be able to edit various settings - is there no edit function anymore?

Attachments

• Screenshot_12.png
    Screenshot_12.png
    13.1 KB · Views: 176
Upvote 0

lemonisdead

Licensed User
Longtime User
It probably isn't installed (only downloaded). You can check using haxm_check.exe in command line or directly by executing intelhaxm-android.exe (it should propose to uninstall if already installed).

Also, why are there only 3 device choices in AVD Manager?
That you will have to check with Erel. But if I remember correctly Erel provided other screens in the thread related to the SDK Manager code you can download for B4J

https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/t...ewer-versions-of-android-tools.80090/#content

Upvote 0

aedwall

Licensed User
Longtime User
HAXM is located in the \extras\intel directory inside the Android SDK folder

I did a silent install of HAXM and then tried the new 10" tablet AVD I set up. No longer an error message. I then tried the 6" phone, which used to give the error. It works now, too.

Upvote 0

aedwall

Licensed User
Longtime User
I think this thread is done. Other problems I have relate to other issues, not to the SDKManager. I have started new threads. Thank you for all your help.

Upvote 0