Wish B4A Support for Actionbar of support-v7 library

corwin42

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
With the API18 SDK Google released a new support library (support-v7) which includes classes for a native Actionbar for systems since Android 2.1

To use this Actionbar the Activity has to be extended from ActionbarActivity so to use this ActionBar in a B4A project B4A needs native support for it. The support-v7 library also contains resources. Hopefully there is a way to include them in the B4A project.

Here is a good documentation on how the new Actionbar can be used: http://developer.android.com/guide/topics/ui/actionbar.html

NJDude

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Maybe a little bit off topic but there's also a "support-v13" and it seems to work fine, a little while ago, I copied the "android-support-v13.jar" to my External libraries directory and for example your sliding panels lib works perfectly (I had to rename the jar from support-13 to support-4), just letting you know.

Last edited:

corwin42

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Maybe a little bit off topic but there's also a "support-v13" and it seems to work fine, a little while ago, I copied the "android-support-v13.jar" to my External libraries directory and for example your sliding panels lib works perfectly (I had to rename the jar from support-13 to support-4), just letting you know.

???
Can't be true. The support-v13 lib has only 4 classes which are fragment related.

corwin42

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Seems that the support-v13 includes support-v4 classes as well.

But this is really off-topic.

I just would love to see a possibility to use the native ActionBar with B4A apps.