Android Question B4A very slow on my pc :(

Douglas Farias

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi.
i have some problems with b4a on my pc.

when I open an old project or when you create a new project my computer is too slow.
the mouse pointer is slow and hangs sometimes, it seems that the computer is in slow motion.

this pc is new, on my old pc i dont have this problem.
this new pc its 10x better then my old pc, and i dont know why here i have this problem.

Here is the configs
CPU AMD FX-8350 Vishera Cache 8MB, 4.0GHz (4.2Ghz Max Turbo) AM3+
MOBO GIGABYTE AMD AM3+ ATX GA-970A-DS3P, CrossFireX, UEFI DualBIOS, DDR3, SATA 6Gb/s, USB 3.0
HD WD SATA 3,5´ Blue PC 1TB 7200RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s - WD10EZEX
SSD Kingston 2.5´ 120GB UV400 SATA III Leituras: 550MBs / Gravações: 350MBs - SUV400S37/120G
RAM Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB (2x8GB) 1866Mhz DDR3 CL10 Black Series - HX318C10FBK2/16
PS Corsair CX-600W - CP-9020048-WW 80 Plus Bronze
VGA Sapphire AMD RX480 8GB GDDR5

i really dont know why the b4a its slow with this configs, i think the problem its the
Java(TM) Platform SE binary
its use 1gb of Ram every time, the bug its not on ram use, but its on Java(TM) Platform SE binary, when this is open the mouse pointer go slow.

what can cause this lag (bug)?
i m using
- windows 10 pro (original) x64
- b4a 6.30
- java jdk1.8.0_111 x64

and yes, it only happens on b4a, i can open any other tool, game, program etc, and i will not have problems.

ps: i dont have any problems with compilation, when i compile this is really fast, 1, max 3 seconds to compile, the real problem its during the use of b4a, write codes, use designer etc...

thx

Douglas Farias

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
thx.
i made the test now, with new project and no libs the pc its normal, no slow.
the Java(TM) Platform SE binary with new project and no libs its using 75mb of ram and 1% cpu

with old project + libs the
Java(TM) Platform SE binary its using 1gb ram and 22% to 50% cpu

Upvote 0

Douglas Farias

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
changed but dont works.
I noticed a small delay in opening some menus, click a few views in the designer and in other places, like in slow motion.

this looks some problem with the java, i will try x86 version, if this dont solve the problem i will try on win 7

Upvote 0

Douglas Farias

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Have you changed it while the IDE was closed?
yes, i dont think the problem its ram, it like a slow motion visual, a delay.

Can you post a screenshot of task manager?
later i changed to 2048 the ram use its around 700 to 850
and the cpu 20 to 60

maybe is the java version?

Attachments

• tt.jpg
    tt.jpg
    360.6 KB · Views: 210
Upvote 0

Douglas Farias

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
thx this fixed the problem
no visual delay and no Java(TM) Platform SE on task manager.

Now the question, what is the difference of using UseOptimizedDexer in true or false? will change something in B4a or my applications?

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
It means that compilation will be slower. The compiled result will be exactly the same.

You should be able to use the optimized dexer on your computer. Setting the RAM limit usually solves such issues. Another thing that you can try is to switch to the new maven based google play service libraries instead of the old, large google-play-services.jar.

Upvote 0