Android Question Slow loading CLV with table [SOLVED]

AHilberink

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

I am having trouble by speeding up the loading of my CLV.

Attached I have made a small example of my project. Just 35 lines to load, but because of the table inside the lines it is very slow.

I hope someone will have a look and may be have some advise to improve the loading speed.

Kind regards,
André

Attachments

• ExampleCLV.zip
    47.7 KB · Views: 89

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Here you are.
Attached your project from post #1 modified.
I replaced the Table CustomView by a new one xTableMicro.
I have a xTable CustomView which is a cross-platform version of the Table CustomView.
I have two more: xTableLite a smaller one and xTableTiny smaller than the previous one. Not all users need a complex Table CustomView.
These are not published yet.

The xTableMicro CustomView is the a very small one which fits your requirements also cross-platform.
It has no scrolling, nor selection shown and no automatic column width calculation.
It has a simplified Touch event instead of a Click event which returns the X and Y coordinates.
With these coordinates it is possible the calculate the column and row indexes.
If you want only a Click event with no parameter it easy to modify.

The time to display the CLV is about 0.25 second in Release mode and about 0.7 second in Debug mode.

Attachments

• ExampleCLV1.zip
    39 KB · Views: 75
Upvote 0

AHilberink

Licensed User
Longtime User
Here you are.
Attached your project from post #1 modified.
I replaced the Table CustomView by a new one xTableMicro.
I have a xTable CustomView which is a cross-platform version of the Table CustomView.
I have two more: xTableLite a smaller one and xTableTiny smaller than the previous one. Not all users need a complex Table CustomView.
These are not published yet.

The xTableMicro CustomView is the a very small one which fits your requirements also cross-platform.
It has no scrolling, nor selection shown and no automatic column width calculation.
It has a simplified Touch event instead of a Click event which returns the X and Y coordinates.
With these coordinates it is possible the calculate the column and row indexes.
If you want only a Click event with no parameter it easy to modify.

The time to display the CLV is about 0.25 second in Release mode and about 0.7 second in Debug mode.

Hi Klaus,

Thank you very much!!!! The speed is amazing. Never thought it would be possible as fast as it is now.

I am going to build it into my project and think the users are also grateful to you.

Kinds regards,
André

Upvote 0