Wish B4A.xml - ToolTipDefaultFont would help

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello,
I've noticed that you have the following 2 tooltips lines in the B4A.xml file.
B4X:
<Style Key="ToolTipBackground" ForeColor="DarkGray" />
<Style Key="ToolTipDefaultStyle" ForeColor="WhiteSmoke" />

The problem is(not unless I've missed something), in the tooltips you have black text showing comments and instruction on how to do something. The black tooltip text can't be changed from black when showing comments or when the tooltip shows you how to use for example File.Exists(... Tooltip pops up then you press space bar in the brackets.

Basically I personally believe that a ToolTipDefaultFont is needed so that we can change the default font colour from black. You can change every other colour in the tooltip in the xml tile, but just not the tooltip black.
B4X:
'What's needed
Style Key="ToolTipDefaultFont" ForeColor="WhiteSmoke" />

If I have missed the black colour setting in the xml file, please let me know.

HotShoe

Licensed User
Longtime User
This is the color set that I use in the IDE:

b4acol.png

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello @HotShoe ,
I've been playing with my tool tip background colour, this is probably the best that I can do with it at the moment.

I've tried my best to customise my B4A experience to match my VS2013 experience. I think that's my OCD kicking in ;)
If only I could change the black text in the tool tips to either a light grey, off white or even bright pink. Just anything except for black, dark grey or any dark colour.

BTW you sure your your IDE to be nice and bright :p

Untitled-2.jpg

This image has been shrink in size to fit fully in this post

Untitled-1.jpg

This image has been shrink in size to fit fully in this post

So that do you think Mr @Erel :(

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Okay, I tried your little windows program @HotShoe but guess what happened, B4A died. Actually it refused to open to I just had to re-install it and restore my B4A.XML file :( nothing serious though :)

No worries. All that is missing the the ability to change the Tool Tip black font to another colour...

HotShoe

Licensed User
Longtime User
Wow, what version of b4a are you running? I just did a fresh b4a 3.50 install and built a new color scheme from scratch without issue.

You don't need to re-install if something misfires, just copy your original b4a.xml over the new (bad) one. just be sure to copy the original before you start.

--- Jem

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello @HotShoe,
I'm using B4A V3.5.

No worries, me installing from scratch is what I will just do automatically. Years of M$ Server networking and supporting Windows machines just forces you into bad habits lol.

I'm not sure what happened. I pointed your program to both B4A and B4J XML files(correctly 100%), then bang B4A wouldn't start, B4J still worked a treat though.

HotShoe

Licensed User
Longtime User
OK, I'm not trying to beat a dead horse, but if it does have a problem I'd really like to find it and fix it. Any chance you can try it once more and if it fails, attach the b4a.xml file it creates to [email protected] ?

Thanks,

--- Jem