Android Question B4ABridge does not light "install" button

DOM85

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi all,
I am using B4A 5.20, B4ABridge 2.14, and a smartphone under ANDROID 7.0.
When i compile an application, B4ABridge displays "CANCEL" button, and "Install" button remains gray and non activated.
So i have to use FTP for transferring my apk program to the smartphone.

Is my B4A license too old, or any other explanation ?

Thank you for your help.
Dom.

canalrun

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello,
I have this problem on one of my phones.
I can't quite remember what causes it.
I think Erel may have mentioned it has something to do with an install code – changing the package name allowed it to install.
It was not an option for me to continue with the new package name…
I found that clicking on the square "recent apps" Android button then selecting the installer app brought back the installer with the Install button active.
Search these forums for the previous thread – maybe search for something like "install button grayed".

Barry.

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
When i compile an application, B4ABridge displays "CANCEL" button, and "Install" button remains gray and non activated.
This usually happens when there is an app running that is allowed to draw over other apps. As a security measure the OS prevents installation of other apps.

Note that B4A 5.20 is quite old now and your apps will not work properly on new devices.
android.jar / targetSdkVersion / minSdkVersion

Upvote 0

DOM85

Licensed User
Longtime User
I closed all apps running in the smartphone, then i tried to compile my program. The "install" button remained gray (non activated).
Erel, do you think that this problem would be solved under a recent B4A release ?

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0