B4AServer - simplifies development of enterprise in-house Android applications

B4A Enthusiast

Licensed User
Longtime User
I Have run the desktop server as follows:
B4AServerRunFromCommandLine2.jpg

After that I executed the B4AServer Example but the following Log was displayed:

B4AIDELogOutput.jpg

Please advise.

B4A Enthusiast

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have two scenarios:

1: A local area network at the client's site. A WIFI access point is installed to connect the android devices to the rest of the local area network.
A windows 2008 server OS is used to host the B4A Desktop Server.
Server address: 192.168.1.2
Android device: 192.168.1.124

2: My own local are network in my office. The local area network in the office is WIFI connected. I have enabled tethering in a Lenovo Tab and am connecting my laptop to my techno phantom A through it. The laptop is my web server where i have installed the B4A Desktop Server. The laptop is running Windows 7 Ultimate.
Server Address: 192.168.43.30
Android device: 192.168.43.171

In both scenarios am able to get the Techno phantom A send requests to the Web Servers to a point where the B4A Desktop Server updates the MySql Database with the requests sent. This is so encouraging to me. However, apart from updating the MySQL Database, the B4A Desktop Server seems unable to forward the files to the requesting devices. The requests seem to take too long then a message "connected = False" appears. This is happening in both scenarios; at client's site and at my office alike.

Please please please it has grounded the entire project. I believe Erel you are sorting me out on this. Ready to take any advice.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

davidlub

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

The documentation mentions that the computer and the device must be connected to the same network. Could you explain why this is and if it would be possible in any way to use this framework with the device in the "wild" internet?

Thanks

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
The documentation mentions that the computer and the device must be connected to the same network. Could you explain why this is and if it would be possible in any way to use this framework with the device in the "wild" internet?
Generally speaking it is not possible to directly connect two devices over the internet. Mobile network providers block incoming connections.

You can connect the device to your PC if it is configured correctly (and you know its IP address).

davidlub

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks. I will explore this. The issue is that we have an app running on many devices, communicating with a server, but we also need to be able to push messages to the app, and I am exploring GCM as well as other possible solutions. Do you think we should just go ahead and use GCM?

Thanks

ValDog

Licensed User
Longtime User
Just started working with this project. I compile the device fine, it loads to my Nexus 7 displaying the three buttons. When I click any button nothing happens. The TaskComplete() in Main is never run. Must be doing something basic incorrectly. Can someone help?

ValDog

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank u for ur reply......
I found the reason for the error. To the reference for the others I post the reason

Error Message as follows

C:\Windows\system32>java -cp b4aserver.jar anywheresoftware.b4a.b4aserver.Server

Error: Could not find or load main class anywheresoftware.b4a.b4aserver.Server

C:\Windows\system32>pause
Press any key to continue . . .

Solution for this..........

Copy And Paste "b4aserver.jar" file and "config" file in to the particular folder

Now my command window like this

C:\Windows\system32>java -cp b4aserver.jar anywheresoftware.b4a.b4aserver.Server

B4A server (v0.92) is started. Checking URL: http://b4aserver.basic4ppc.com/b4a
_server.php, server name=test1

I think it is working.........right???

erel plz confirm

What is the "particular folder"????

B4A Enthusiast

Licensed User
Longtime User
The devices are on the same network. I can even Ping the devices IP Address successfully. The Receive File Request from the device to the desktop reaches the desktop successfully. Even the desktop server ends up writing the request particulars in the MySQL database but after that there seems to be no activity until the request times out. please advice.

ValDog

Licensed User
Longtime User
Just started working with this project. I compile the device fine, it loads to my Nexus 7 displaying the three buttons. When I click any button nothing happens. The TaskComplete() in Main is never run. Must be doing something basic incorrectly. Can someone help?

I do start the server successfully - consistent with what is shown in Post# 95, but as indicated above I get no response when I click any of the buttons in the program. Help??

B4A Enthusiast

Licensed User
Longtime User
Has anybody out there managed to get the Desktop Server work in Windows 7? please help me out. Am able to get the devices successfully send their http requests to the server and have the MySQL Table appropriately updated as shown below:

B4A Device Connections.png

The logs are exactly as shown in post #86. What am I doing wrong??

ValDog

Licensed User
Longtime User
Have you tried the Shell Dir button? Does it work?

@ValDog you should post the device and server logs.

Erel,

Below is the log (I guess that is the device log you referred to) I'm seeing when I run the B4AServerExample. When I click the Shell Dir button I just see the "** Service (b4aserverservice) Start **" entry.

LogCat connected to: 015d2f6fff34260f
--------- beginning of /dev/log/system
--------- beginning of /dev/log/main
** Activity (main) Create, isFirst = true **
** Activity (main) Resume **
** Activity (main) Pause, UserClosed = false **
** Activity (main) Resume **
** Service (b4aserverservice) Create **
** Service (b4aserverservice) Start **
** Service (b4aserverservice) Start **

Where would I find the server log?