iOS Question b4i-bridgr cannot download application

Discussion in 'iOS Questions' started by franchsesko, Mar 15, 2017.

1. franchsesko

franchsesko Member Licensed User

Hi,
    I've created the developer certificate and provisioning profile, and all my files are in a c:\<company>\b4i\Keys directory.
    Having had the problem I'm going to describe, I actually done that twice, deleting all the files in the \Keys subdirectory and revoking the first certificate as I read in a post.
    I use the hosted builder.
    My project files (actually the bacground location tutorial project) is in the directory C:\<company>\b4i\Projects\BackGroundLocation.
    When I ask to compile the b4i bridge app, all seems to go well.
    I use an iPhone 4 with iOS 9.5.3 as a developer device.
    When I go to the hosted builder page with my code, I get the "download app" button.
    I click the button to get the b4i-bridge app and I answer OK to install the app.
    Unfortunately, this is where it stops. I get a message box telling me that the app could not be downloaded.
    I also get an app icon titled ("Installation...") which tries to re-download the app, but with the same error message.
    I don't understand what I'm doing wrong here, did I miss something ?

2. Erel

Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

Did it previously work with this device?

Have you installed the B4I certificate on the device?

3. franchsesko

Sorry, forgot to mention that I did install the b4i certificate (www.b4x.com/ca.pem) so I have an active "B4I" profile on the device.
    However, it's the first time I use this device for development.

4. franchsesko

I also double-checked the UDID (which I got via a UDID finder app and manually entered) in the downloaded provisoned profile file; I've provisioned 2 devices and the UDID of this device is the second one. The UDID is OK.

5. Erel

Start a new project, change the package name based on your app id and try to create B4i-Bridge. Are you able to install it?

6. franchsesko

Unfortunately not, same problem. Created an empty project, set the id to net.<company>.empty, build ok, but same error message when downloading.

7. Erel

Are you able to install it on the other device (without building again)?

8. franchsesko

Can't use the other device, not in my hands for a moment. I can try on an iPad later today. Be back then.

9. franchsesko

So, I registered an iPad (iOS 10.2.1) and it works on the iPad, but still not on the iPhone 4.

10. Erel

Can you send me a private message with your hosted builder id?

11. Erel

12. franchsesko

Awsome, that was it.
    I used two different apps, one on the iphone and another on the ipad. The one on the iPad worked, the iPhone's one was giving the "fake" UDID.
    I used iTunes to get the UDID and it works now.
    Thanks !

13. appie21

appie21 Active Member Licensed User

Hi I have also this problem

The Bridge is installed an respond.
    But i i try to install the application it say Can't dowbnload

Strange enough if I do tools- buildserver- Build release app
    The app will installed well

14. Erel

You should never post in existing threads. Always start a new thread for your question.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice