iOS Question B4i Build problems

Zhien

Licensed User
I am having a build problem for my project via remote server builder for B4i.
One solution was to uncheck the (Prefer Seocndary) option from Build Server Settings. But I tried multiple times with check and uncheck, the app is still displaying the same message.

Any ideas?

Error Log:
Sending data to remote compiler. Error
Out: Command line invocation:
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/xcodebuild clean

note: Using new build system
error: Could not delete `/Users/erel/Documents/UploadedProjects/<user id>/build` because it was not created by the build system.

Error: ** CLEAN FAILED **

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
This error happens from time to time. It is not clear what causes it. Make sure not to send multiple builds at once and make sure that you are the only one who uses your hosted builder id.

It should be solved automatically after about 30 minutes and switching to the secondary builder will usually solve it as well.

Upvote 0

Zhien

Licensed User
Not sure if this is related, but I noticed if I have two projects open, the Bridge App would get confused on which one to choose from and hangs from receiving the application.
I guess it's better to have only a single B4i project open at any given time.

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
but I noticed if I have two projects open, the Bridge App would get confused on which one to choose from and hangs from receiving the application.
I guess it's better to have only a single B4i project open at any given time.
That's true. Each IDE instance will try to connect to the device and they will "steal" the connection every time.

Upvote 0

Sandman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
But surely one of the B4i instances can be made to not connect to the device? Thus not doing any "stealing" of the connection?

Upvote 0