iOS Question B4i debug not running

daniele.verdilio

Licensed User
Hi,
I recently bought a B4i license .
I followed all installation guides, but after B4i-Bridge installation and connection (by the way, designer works regularly) when I launch the debugger it keeps me telling "IP address 192.168.100.xx: Waiting for IDE connect...". Where is the problem?
- IOS12
- certificate b4i installed
- PC and device on the same network, and device pings regularly
- no firewall on my PC
- i tried with two differente devices, all of them listed in provisioning profile Please let me know.
Thanks in advance!

f0raster0

Licensed User
Longtime User
1) Send an email to [email protected] with your username and email address.
Because you should be a licenced member if you bought B4i.

Did you install B4i bridge already?
if yes, go
Tools-> Build Server->build release app

look here

if b4i bridge isn't installed yet then

I think also you should tell us if you are using hosted builder or local

Upvote 0

daniele.verdilio

Licensed User
Hi Erel,
I launch compile-and-run (F5), and B4i-Bridge is regularly connected, it receives the package to install, and then automatically tries to launch it. But IDE is still showing "Trying to connect to device (192.168.100.xx). Make sure to start B4i-Bridge" (see picture below)
1608118392207.png

Upvote 0

daniele.verdilio

Licensed User
Hi,
I tried to disable both Firewall and Antivirus and I tried with another PC, with no success.
We installed Java JDK 11.0.1... which Java can you advice me?!?

I try to repeat all steps we followed.
When I start B4i-Bridge, it looks for IDE, showing "Waiting for IDE to connect"
When I start IDE on PC and hit F2 to select device IP address, B4i Bridge regularly connects to IDE.
Then I launch F5 to send my program to cloud server compiler.
After compilation is complete, B4i Bridge asks me if I want to install my application.
After application installation, B4i Bridge launch the application itself.
The application starts but, in debug mode, it tries to connect to the IDE to permit debug, logs and so on
Only at this time the connection has no success, and IDE shows the message "Trying to connect to device (192.168.100.xx). Make sure to start B4i-Bridge".

Note also that, if i repeat the same steps using "Build server --> Build release app", all steps are working as before and, after installation, my application starts without problems, but - of course - with no debug (logs and so on).

I am also working a lot with B4A and I can switch debug and release in the drop-down menu; instead in B4i the drop-down menu contains only debug choice. Is this normal for B4i?

Thank you in advance!

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

daniele.verdilio

Licensed User
Hi Erel,
after several attempts, I figured out restarting my PC. And suddenly all works fine!
I don't know what was blocking my debug, but now it works properly.
Thanks!

Upvote 0