iOS Question B4i Hosted bridge error

Lisa I

Licensed User
Hi

I haven't changed anything with my project or B4i folders that were working a couple of weeks ago. However when I tried to build the same project today it came up with errors.

Following some forum posts I redid the sign key from within B4i, uploaded the new .csr to Apple and generated a new Production certificate and Provisioning profile and saved in the Keys folder.

I still get errors when building from the hosted builder

B4i Version: 5.30
Parsing code. (0.03s)
Building folders structure. (0.04s)
Compiling code. (0.05s)
Building designer app. (0.02s)
Building Xcode project (0.25s)
Sending data to remote compiler. Error
Out: Build settings from command line:
ARCHS = armv7 arm64
CODE_SIGN_IDENTITY = iPhone Distribution: xxxxx
CONFIGURATION_BUILD_DIR = /Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/<user id>/Payload
OTHER_CODE_SIGN_FLAGS = --keychain <user id>
PRODUCT_NAME = B4i-Bridge
PROVISIONING_PROFILE = xxxxx

note: Using new build system
note: Planning build
note: Constructing build description
Build system information
error: Provisioning profile "NFCappTest" has app ID "com.xxxxx.NFCapp", which does not match the bundle ID "com.xxxxx.NFCapp.bridge". (in target 'B4iProject')

Can you help please.

Thank you

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Please post b4i questions in the b4i Forum

Upvote 0

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Erel,

The app is for reading NFC tags, in https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/nfc-reading-ndef-tags.84784/
you say you " Must use an explicit app id (without a wildcard - *)"

Our code has been working for us for the last few months, nothing has changed with our code, but all of a sudden it fails now.

Has something changed with the hosted builder?

Thanks
It seems like the posted code is an error for bridge:
which does not match the bundle ID "com.xxxxx.NFCapp.bridge"

If you are building for bridge you need with the * if not you can use wildcard.

Upvote 0

Lisa I

Licensed User
Sorry I am still having issues. I can build other apps (without NFC) with a wildcard app ID and default provisioning profile.

However if I try to build this particular app with a wildcard app id I get the error
error: Provisioning profile "default" doesn't support the Near Field Communication Tag Reading capability. (in target 'B4iProject')

It does not seem possible to activate NFC on wildcard app IDs.

Thank you

Upvote 0

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Sorry I am still having issues. I can build other apps (without NFC) with a wildcard app ID and default provisioning profile.

However if I try to build this particular app with a wildcard app id I get the error
error: Provisioning profile "default" doesn't support the Near Field Communication Tag Reading capability. (in target 'B4iProject')

It does not seem possible to activate NFC on wildcard app IDs.

Thank you
You should use the wildcard while creating the bridge app, when you create a specific app, you need to use explicit id and have nfc activated. Why are you trying to build your app with a wildcard ?

Upvote 0

Lisa I

Licensed User
Sorry I think everything is ok, I did not understand the difference between building a B4i-Bridge app and the Release app.
I am up and running, thanks for your time.

Upvote 0