iOS Question B4iBuildServer and AppleStore

FatihCubukcu

Licensed User
Longtime User
I don't have an iphone or ipad. I have a Macbook Air. BuildServer is installed and it works fine in the simulator. But how can I upload the IPA file to the store. I watched all the videos and created a provision, but I am getting an error in Transporter. For example bundle id: com.simetriweb.calculator.
I couldn't find a detailed explanation on how to do it.

jahswant

Licensed User
Longtime User
You will absolutely need an iPhone to compile non simulator apps to be able to upload to the AppStore.

Upvote 0

FatihCubukcu

Licensed User
Longtime User
You will absolutely need an iPhone to compile non simulator apps to be able to upload to the AppStore.
I have an Apple developer account, I can open the swift project created by b4i and compile it. I don't understand why do I need an iPhone?

Topluluk Tarafından Doğrulandı simgesi

Upvote 0

MikeH

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm sorry, I don't think that is correct, hence @Erel providing us the remote builder. I have also uploaded iOS apps to the store by this method.

I have an Apple developer account, I can open the swift project created by b4i and compile it. I don't understand why do I need an iPhone?

View attachment 134238
After creating a store-provisioned ipa file and uploading with Transporter, what message do you get?

Upvote 0

FatihCubukcu

Licensed User
Longtime User
Üzgünüm, bunun doğru olduğunu düşünmüyorum, bu nedenle @Erel bize uzak oluşturucuyu sağlıyor. Ben de bu yöntemle iOS uygulamalarını mağazaya yükledim.

Mağaza tarafından sağlanan bir ipa dosyası oluşturup Transporter ile yükledikten sonra ne mesaj alıyorsunuz?

For the calculator example, for example, I signed a file as com.simetriweb.calculator and generated a certificate. I also created a provision. But since there is b4i in the file, I could not understand whether I got an error or not.

Upvote 0

MikeH

Licensed User
Longtime User
Örneğin hesap makinesi örneği için com.simetriweb.calculator olarak bir dosya imzaladım ve bir sertifika oluşturdum. Ben de bir hüküm oluşturdum. Ama dosyada b4i olduğu için hata alıp almadığımı anlayamadım.
In English please

Upvote 0

MikeH

Licensed User
Longtime User
I am not using remote mac server by the way.
I think Apple now requires app uploads to be compiled with Xcode v12+. Im guessing thats the issue,. With the error log you will get more help

Upvote 0

FatihCubukcu

Licensed User
Longtime User
To summarize, I have a Macbook air. I have an Apple developer account. Xcode is installed. I am working on the simulator without any problems. Or where am I going wrong. There are examples for iphone in general in Erelin videos, but I couldn't understand how to upload the macserver created file.

Upvote 0

MikeH

Licensed User
Longtime User
I agree, the process to compile and upload an iOS app is tricky. Have you made a store provisioned ipa file?
Ok, so you havent made a store provision. Its at the same place you got the certificate. You need both.

Upvote 0

FatihCubukcu

Licensed User
Longtime User
I agree, the process to compile and upload an iOS app is tricky. Have you made a store provisioned ipa file?
Ok, so you havent made a store provision. Its at the same place you got the certificate. You need both.
I'm sorry I'm trying to understand but I can't get out of it. I've been struggling since morning. I did it for Android without forcing, but I couldn't understand exactly what to do for iOS.

Upvote 0

MikeH

Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

FatihCubukcu

Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

aminoacid

Licensed User
Longtime User
I don't have an iphone or ipad. I have a Macbook Air. BuildServer is installed and it works fine in the simulator. But how can I upload the IPA file to the store. I watched all the videos and created a provision, but I am getting an error in Transporter. For example bundle id: com.simetriweb.calculator.
I couldn't find a detailed explanation on how to do it.

I really suggest you use the hosted builder. It makes everything really easy. I also have a MAC and wanted to use a local builder, but just keeping up with all the XCODE and MAC OS updates, keychains, and other Apple nuances to get everything to work consistently is really not worth the effort. Erel's hosted builder service takes care of all this for you and it is well-worth the money. Trust me!

Upvote 0

FatihCubukcu

Licensed User
Longtime User
I really suggest you use the hosted builder. It makes everything really easy. I also have a MAC and wanted to use a local builder, but just keeping up with all the XCODE and MAC OS updates, keychains, and other Apple nuances to get everything to work consistently is really not worth the effort. Erel's hosted builder service takes care of all this for you and it is well-worth the money. Trust me!
Thank you, I also use the Erel's hosted builder service. But for no reason I can't load it.

Upvote 0

aminoacid

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you, I also use the Erel's hosted builder service. But for no reason I can't load it.

Don't understand what you mean by "can't load it". If you have a hosted builder account, just follow the instructions in the post below to generate and upload your IPA file to iTunes Connect. I just did this a few days ago and it worked flawlessly. No MAC required. See this tutorial for very simple instructions on how to do this:

Upvote 0