B4J Question B4J app gives libjvm.dylib cannot be opened error on Mac

rfresh

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have run into a problem trying to install the Mac version of my app on a Macbook Pro (macOS Big Sur version 11.1).

I double click on the run.command and get the message “libjvm.dylib cannot be opened because the developer cannot be verified".

I went to System Preferences/Security&Privacy/Allow apps downloaded from/App Store and identified developers - I Unlocked the padlock and clicked on ‘Allow Anyway’. Still I cannot Run the program. What else could I check?

Thank you...

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Apple is making it more and more difficult to run unsigned and not-notarized apps.
The proper solution should be to notarize the app.

With some annoying work it is possible to run the app by right clicking on run.command - open and then choose "Allow Anyway" to allow the various dylibs.
It will require running the app multiple times until all the dependencies are allowed.

1611136638831.png

Upvote 0

rfresh

Licensed User
Longtime User
Strange thing is that one of my Macs (OS 10.13.6 High Sierra) runs the app fine. The other has this problem (macOS Big Sur version 11.1).

My app is a utility for Xplane flight simulator. I am making it available for free to the flight sim community. I let my Apple Developer ID expire a year ago. It would cost me $99.00 to renew it. You need an active Apple Developer ID in order to notarize an app. I'm not going to spend $99.00 to notarize a free app. It looks like I won't be able to support running my app on some Macs.

Thanks...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

rfresh

Licensed User
Longtime User
UPDATE: Just an FYI: As you said Erel, I had to click though all the dylib's and Allow each one, then the app finally started up successfully!!!

Upvote 0