B4J Question B4J, B4i, B4A Rotate image and save it so it loads correctly the next time.

MrKim

Licensed User
Longtime User
Users load a profile picture which I save usually reduced in size - all I need is thumbnail. Currently I Load with xui.LoadBitmapResize and then save the image in the image view. The problem is sometimes they load sideways / upside down even though they display correctly on my computer. so I let the user rotate using PictureImg.SetRotationAnimated. The problem is it is not saved in the rotated format. I solved the problem for now by saving the Bxview.snapshot. image.
I am currently working in B4J but plan on having this run on all three platforms. I am also concerned if the image is saved on a low resolution device will the image be a lower resolution than the B4xBitmap. Can i save the image in the proper oreintation, or change the orientation coding in the jpeg when I save it?

Any suggestions for best practices for this appreciated.

MrKim

Licensed User
Longtime User
That was the answer! Aaand it actually solved the problem on this thread as well. I was rotating using the imageview rotate rather than rotating the the bmp itself. Sometimes tThere are too many ways to accomplish the same thing :p.

Upvote 0