B4J Question B4J, B4JPackager11, Inno, Error ...

Mauricio Pereira

Licensed User
Longtime User
For a B4J application I used B4JPackager11 to generate a Test.exe.
When I run B4JPackager11 and get Test.exe, I go to the objects/temp/bulid folder, I double click on it and it runs normally.
I used Inno to create an installer and after generating (test.exe plus the 4 folders) and installing the program.
When I click on the icon I get the messages: Could not find Java.dll and Could not find Java SE Runtime Environment.
The installation folder has 97 files and 22 folders including java.exe and various other "java" files.
All tests and installations were performed on the same equipment.
Any suggestion ?

Mauricio Pereira

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hamied,
I didn't understand exactly what you meant.
All kinds of java are installed on the computer where the setup was generated and the executable presents the mentioned error.
B4JPackager, according to Erel's tutorial, generates an executable with everything encapsulated, that is, the java is already "inside" the executable (.exe and the 4 folders: bin, conf, legal and lib).
As I said, clicking on the .exe, the program runs normally.
The installation, created by Inno, is creating the error. At least that's what it looks like.

Upvote 0

Mauricio Pereira

Licensed User
Longtime User
aeric,
The problem is with Inno. I'm gonna explain.
I generated the installer with the internal version of B4aPackager as you suggested.
I installed the application and it gave the Java error although with a different message.
I remembered that I had a very old installer generator (Setup Generator Pro - 2001 Version !!!).
I created the installer, installed it and IT WORKED!
I used Inno's Wizard and maybe it's my mistake. šŸ˜µšŸ˜µ

Upvote 0

aeric

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
The InnoScript generated by the Integrated Packager in B4J works out of the box. Just use the Innosetup to compile the script.

You can use the Wizard to generate a template. For example to add extra settings such as let user choose installation path or desktop icon. Copy some settings from the template and put inside the InnoScript generated from B4J Integrated Packager.

Upvote 0