B4J Question B4J MsgBoxes help needed

TavR

Licensed User
Longtime User
I had an app written in B4J about 6 years ago and it was working great.
This week I had to revisit the app and used the new version of B4J to compile and run it on windows 10 desktop.
I am using all the previous libraries and structure as it was 6 years ago, but I get 2 red flags;

Dim MsgBox As Msgboxes
Dim DialogResponse As DialogResponses

and

Dim sf As JStringFunctions
sf.Initialize

all the libraries are there on the extra libraries folder yet these 2 libraries do not even show on the library list to tick them.

I looked everywhere for the new version of libraries and unfortunately, all available versions are 2013 which I already have or the links to the files are dead.

Can anybody help me with these 2 problems so I can compile the app again to use?

PS. I have tried both OpenJDK and Oracle JDK and tried ticking every single library on the list but nothing seems to work.
I am at my wit's end. please help.

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
You don't need Msgboxes. This is built-in now. Use fx.Msgbox or XUI.Msgbox.

all the libraries are there on the extra libraries folder yet these 2 libraries do not even show on the library list to tick them.
There is no such thing. Any xml + jar files will appear in the list. Maybe the additional libraries folder is not configured (Tools - Configure Paths).

Upvote 0

TavR

Licensed User
Longtime User
sorry just reads the rest of your reply.
All paths are configured correctly and many libraries show on the additional library list

The problem is jar and xml files are all there when I browse the folder but do not show on library list to tick them.

I was just wondering if the latest version of b4j has compatibility problem with very old libraries.

Upvote 0