Other B4J v2.20 BETA is available for download

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
This update includes the new features added in B4A v3.80. The main new features are conditional compilation and build configurations.

New features and improvements:

• Conditional Compilation & Build Configurations: http://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/conditional-compilation-build-configurations.40746/
  • Shared code modules: http://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/shared-code-modules.40747/
  • Project meta file - This file stores "dynamic" project state: modules visibility and order, collapsed nodes, bookmarks and breakpoints. This file should be excluded from source controls.
  • Array keyword - The type can be omitted. In that case the array type will be Object. The Array keyword now supports creating empty arrays.
  • Debugger can optionally show hexadecimal values.
  • Auto complete for layouts and assets files.
  • Libraries filter box.
  • Server - Correct mime types are set based on the file extension.
  • jSQL - Fix for a potential memory leak.
  • JQueryElement.SetProp method fixed.
  • HttpSession.RemoveAttribute was mistakenly named RemoteAttribute. The method name is fixed.
  • Add existing modules supports multiple selection.
  • Other minor improvements

Note that this is a beta version. You should backup your projects before loading them with the new version.
Projects saved in v2.20 cannot be opened with older versions of B4J (due to the new meta files).

You can download the beta version here: www.b4x.com/b4j/files/beta.exe

Kiffi

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks a lot!
notworthyelk2q.gif

Greetings ... Peter

Upvote 0

Hilton

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Erel,Team and contributors,

Some time back I suggested that you create a b4w (web) and also mentioned Xojo (which you were not impressed with). I, however, quite like it.

I have now spent a month trying to get to grips with html5, js, jquery(all new to me) plus the changes to b4j to accommodate the web. I have an app written in b4a and have tried to write the same app using all this new stuff you folk have provided.

May I say that I am pleasantly surprised! I am a bit slow so it has taken me about a month to get to the app mostly written, just a few more modules to go - which I can now finish quite quickly.

The main point of this communication is WELL DONE! and thanks to other members of the forum for their comments.

Bye,
Hilton.

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you @Hilton. Building a B4J WebApp does require learning some new technologies (for most of us) - Html / CSS and a bit of JavaScript. However these technologies are not too complicated and the main advantage is that you are not not limited in your UI options. Once you understand the main concepts you can quite easily add other jQuery (and non-jQuery) elements.

Upvote 0