Other B4J v9.5 BETA is available for download

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
This is the first 64 bit version of B4X IDE.
It will not run on 32 bit OS.
The new version will be installed in "program files" and not in "program files (x86)".
Download link: https://www.b4x.com/b4j/files/beta.exe

1650266560645.png

Switching to 64 bit architecture allows the IDE to better handle large projects.

Other than that this update adds text alignment support for TextField and a few bug fixes.

MikeH

Licensed User
Longtime User
Just for info. I've installed B4J x64 on my Mac Pro with Parallels and its working flawlessly. No install problems at all:

1650911764559.png

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

amorosik

Expert
Licensed User
Once the stable version is released there is no reason to keep the 32 bit version. The output of both versions will be the same.

With the 64bit version of the IDE B4J is it possible to write, compile, and debug a program that must be used on a 32bit operating system (eg Win7 32bit or Xp 32bit)?

Upvote 0

Chris2

Licensed User
With the 64bit version of the IDE B4J is it possible to write, compile, and debug a program that must be used on a 32bit operating system (eg Win7 32bit or Xp 32bit)?
I think I'm correct in saying that to compile a program for use on a 32bit operating system, you have to run the compilation on a 32bit machine.
So you'd have to use the 32bit IDE for that.

Upvote 0

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Sorry but wrong. The IDE is going 64 bit but the resulting applications will remain the same regardless of whether the IDE itself is 32 bit or 64 bit as the compilation chain is unchanged. Erel has already said as much in post #10 here.

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Only the last Version with 32bit can be used. You´ll get no more updates for your old Windows. I mean the IDE itself. B4A/B4J/B4i.

Solution is to switch to windows 64 bit and get new Versions as the 64bit-version will be further developed.

Upvote 0

vfafou

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello!
I don't know if it's a side effect of ARM64 architecture of my machine... The debug mode does not work at least for my project! Only release mode works and it works perfectly! The error it displays is:
B4X:
Waiting for debugger to connect...
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
    at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
    at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:566)
    at java.base/sun.launcher.LauncherHelper$FXHelper.main(LauncherHelper.java:1051)
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
    at javafx.graphics/com.sun.javafx.application.LauncherImpl.launchApplicationWithArgs(LauncherImpl.java:458)
    at javafx.graphics/com.sun.javafx.application.LauncherImpl.launchApplication(LauncherImpl.java:363)
    ... 5 more
java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
    at java.base/java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
    at java.base/java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:398)
    at javafx.graphics/com.sun.javafx.application.LauncherImpl.loadClass(LauncherImpl.java:382)
    at javafx.graphics/com.sun.javafx.application.LauncherImpl.lambda$launchApplicationWithArgs$3(LauncherImpl.java:421)
    at javafx.graphics/com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.lambda$runAndWait$12(PlatformImpl.java:455)
    at javafx.graphics/com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.lambda$runLater$10(PlatformImpl.java:428)
    at java.base/java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at javafx.graphics/com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.lambda$runLater$11(PlatformImpl.java:427)
    at javafx.graphics/com.sun.glass.ui.InvokeLaterDispatcher$Future.run(InvokeLaterDispatcher.java:96)
    at javafx.graphics/com.sun.glass.ui.win.WinApplication._runLoop(Native Method)
    at javafx.graphics/com.sun.glass.ui.win.WinApplication.lambda$runLoop$3(WinApplication.java:174)
    at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:834)
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.net.SocketException: Socket closed
    at anywheresoftware.b4a.BA.raiseEvent2(BA.java:140)
    at anywheresoftware.b4a.shell.ShellBA.raiseEvent2(ShellBA.java:98)
    at com.vf.zooland.main.<clinit>(main.java:17)
    ... 12 more
Caused by: java.net.SocketException: Socket closed
    at java.base/java.net.SocketInputStream.socketRead0(Native Method)
    at java.base/java.net.SocketInputStream.socketRead(SocketInputStream.java:115)
    at java.base/java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:168)
    at java.base/java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:140)
    at java.base/java.io.BufferedInputStream.fill(BufferedInputStream.java:252)
    at java.base/java.io.BufferedInputStream.read(BufferedInputStream.java:271)
    at java.base/java.io.DataInputStream.readByte(DataInputStream.java:270)
    at anywheresoftware.b4a.shell.Shell.raiseEventImpl(Shell.java:229)
    at anywheresoftware.b4a.shell.Shell.raiseEvent(Shell.java:167)
    at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
    at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:566)
    at anywheresoftware.b4a.BA.raiseEvent2(BA.java:111)
    ... 14 more
Thank you in advance!

Upvote 0

MikeH

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello!
I don't know if it's a side effect of ARM64 architecture of my machine... The debug mode does not work at least for my project! Only release mode works and it works perfectly! The error it displays is:

How is your Parallels network configured? Mine is:

Screenshot 2022-04-27 at 13.45.17.png

Upvote 0

vfafou

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello Mike!
Thank you for your response!
My Parallels network has the same configuration as yours!
It seems I have to investigate what's the problem!

Upvote 0

giggetto71

Licensed User
Longtime User
just downloaded and tested on most of my B4j projects (did not test any raspberryPI yet..). so far, soooo good! thanks @Erel !! I think this is a great step for the platform!
For now I kept the "old" 32 bit version (just in case..) and did not notice any issue other than: if you run a release mode from one env (32 or 64) and then you try to run the same project in the other env you first need to manually kill the java Platform SE binary.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.