Other B4J Version 1.00 is released!!!

stevel05

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Congratulations Erel, it's a great companion to B4a.

Upvote 0

bluedude

Licensed User
Longtime User
I personally think this adds more distraction and loss of focus. In my opinion there is still so much to do on Android (support for new features and third party libraries) and I think the community is getting stuck a little.

I'm not being negative but I notice more discussions on Android stuff that is already old in my opinion.

I wish we had a B4A external library developer hired by Erel to do more libraries etc. so that we move faster forward.

I would rather have seen a service which would make it possible for us to get wrappers done in a professional matter for a good price.

There are a lot of choices for desktop development and I don't think we need another tool. Thumbs up for the tool you provide and it will be probably of excellent quality.

Cheers,

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
I understand your concerns. It was openly discussed in this thread: http://www.b4x.com/android/forum/th...s-with-basic4android-what-do-you-think.32858/

Overall I decided that the demand for such a tool seems to justify the efforts. As a side note, it took less time to develop B4J than the time it took to develop the rapid debugger (though B4J will also be developed in the future).

It is true that there are other desktop development tools. However there isn't any other tool that allows you to reuse your B4A code, knowledge and experience to create a desktop app or a back-end for your mobile apps.

Lets wait and see...

Upvote 0

KitCarlson

Licensed User
Longtime User
The B4J, is very important for me. My VB6 recently broke after a recent W7 update. I tried the B4J with the serial example. The installation was easy, and the example worked well using Bluetooth. I am saying good by to VB6 and hello to B4J.

Thank you Erel, for the excellent gift of B4J.

Upvote 0

gjoisa

Licensed User
Longtime User
It is true that we, the addicted people to B4A love more B4J than all other tools because of it's simplicity , best forum support and great patience of Mr Erel to answer all unanswered questions . Simultaneously we can target Mac also . HatsOff .

Upvote 0

bluedude

Licensed User
Longtime User
I see your points but for me java on desktop isn't an obvious choice at all. Always lots of problems with the engine and not something I would distribute to clients because of these problems.

I still think we need to have more and better B4A library devs., that would bring much more in my opinion. In the end desktop apps. will stop to exist and everyone will move to bigger Android tablets etc.

Chrome apps. will also run on Android so I think that is the path of the future.

Cheers and success!

Upvote 0